What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Dang dude, you’re really that not into it? What do you like about those others? I find cherry and DSS to be the most comfortable to type on, with the lower profile and slight but comfortable sculpt.

1 Like

I will preface by saying I think GMK sets are beautiful, it is the profile itself that I have come to dislike.

1. Aesthetically I like cuter rounder things and those profiles fit the bill.
  2. The sculpt of all of those profiles physically feels better and more substantial to my fingers. The amount of material used in most GMK keycaps is okay but compared to the others I can’t stand it.

I blame the deep dive I took into the keyboards for my change in taste. I mostly use blank SA profile keycaps right now while I wait for SA Laser/DSA Magical Girl/SA Berserk 2.0

3 Likes

I feel that. The bigger SA caps definitely have a nice sturdy feel to them. I’ve found that I tend to prefer the feel of cylindrical keycap on the finger and almost exclusively just get GMK sets anymore.

Have you had a chance to try DSS yet? It’s almost like a best of both worlds, the sculpt shape is more like cherry profile, but the tops are spherical like DSA. The caps aren’t as tall as SA and a bit textured like SP DSA (which is definitely polarizing), but I’ve found that I like those a lot.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks! That is a very generous offer & I am definitely interested, but I would be willing to pay you at least something beyond shipping for it. Whenever you get SA Laser in DM me on here & I’m sure we can work something out that gets me the set & puts a few bucks in your pocket! :smiley:

1 Like

Because I obviously don’t own enough Topre boards, I got an HHKB and some really nice Mitchcapped mods for it. Also stuck on some of the other purple topre resin I had lying around. Used the stock keycaps from an FC660C to give it a bit more contrast.

9 Likes

Such a nice hhkb, wow.

OK mail day today I have to say :grin:

2x Space65 (one is for a friend), and a SKB65.

10 Likes

ZX Spectrum+ for potential future projects :eyes:

19 Likes

those keycaps are sick

2 Likes

MD Holy Pandas, Refurbished Salmon Alps, lots of SPRIT Springs, JER mini and an ESC+Fn set from latrialum

6 Likes

Got my first Fugthulu today, it’s a Caconym one from the March Marbles raffle! I also managed to grab it at price not too much over retail! Kinda wish I had went for this colorway in the raffle now that I got to see it irl as it is straight beautiful. Although the Rotavirus Menloe I did get is pretty awesome looking as well so I can’t really complain, LOL!

7 Likes

New Lemo cable from Spacecables.

9 Likes

Working on my first build and may even complete it some day.

6 Likes

Still waiting on my 180g SPRiT’s for my heavy creams switches. Super jealous.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/ZPVTjam#IG209bz

Bought a doro67 second hand that came in yesterday. Put SA chocolatier on the MCG 112 lubed NK creams and it has been a really enjoyable board so far!

4 Likes

Oof, those are some super heavy springs. Is the board you’re building just for memes? IME with 180g springs they are basically unusable for typing longer than a paragraph, even in linear switches. I had mine in some Gat Clears on a Pok3r, but ended up ripping them back out cause they were just too heavy!

1 Like

Eventually. I am trying to make sure and convert whatever board I build from this point onward to hotswap so I can have a set of meme switches to play with when I want to try something else.

I really wanted the 200g springs but the 180g were all they had available at the time.

1 Like

I always forget about hotswap PCBs since I really don’t like them for my builds. Although I have been wanting to get a 60% hotswap PCB & few different plates in different material to use as a test bed too. So that makes sense to me!

Just splurge and and order a ton of mill max sockets. I’ve got enough to fill half a glass for any future boards.

1 Like

For my purposes that probably would be easier TBH! I really didn’t think about them till you mentioned them, but for a test bed 60% I could go with a PCB that has a dedicated layout. That way I wouldn’t have to worry about the sockets fitting everywhere I want them. The fact that almost all PCBs are swiss cheese nowadays to support numerous layouts is what kept me from using them in the past. I always heard about people using them, but having to solder a handful of switches onto the PCB for everything to work properly. What has your experience been with them?

1 Like