What did you order or think about ordering?

I’ve been playing with the configurator quite a bit…it’s only a matter of time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, alexotos had a build stream today with owlab london fog Switches and they sound like they are right up my alley :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yep - that stream sold me on it. That happy little Christ Pratt :open_mouth: face he made when he first tried the build - you mean it looks like that and it’s good?

If wood accents continue to solidify as a popular design trend I would not mind one bit. I love the Fractal and System76 computer cases that feature them, and those handmade wooden mouse enclosures are too cool. Gimme woodgrain everything!

Also - the Envoy’s price is pretty darn impressive. Truly creative custom designs inch their way towards reasonable affordability as time goes on, and that makes me happy. Things were already great in the mechanical keyboard universe when I first dipped my toes in, but they really do just keep getting better.

5 Likes

Link us your configuration?

Sure! Paste this code using the “Enter build code” link at the top of the page :

Y0c1c2c3d4b5a

I’m thinking I’ll pair it with MT3 Skiidata for that tactical camping vibe.

4 Likes

That’s a subtle green. It’s lovely. A desaturated sage! I thought it was gray at first. Love the copper and walnut combo.

3 Likes

Isn’t it?

I think the IRL production colors are a little more dark and saturated but still gorgeous;

Instagram Post

Ha, beautiful! You have good taste, sir! (I’ve pretty much the same configuration in my cart :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: except I went with the combo as I wanted the keycaps anyway, and this way I get for $10 extra a set of switches to play with)

But seriously they do look nice and the lattice mount was what initially drew me in, but really it’s the whole package.

Looking forward to comparing notes in June!

2 Likes

bll

wait

There we go

(If you’re curious, I found them in stock here - header says free shipping on orders over $200, but I got it just buying a 90-pack of these for $45. :man_shrugging:)

7 Likes

I really want someone else’s feedback on these. Still like them a LOT and I think they are quite special. Again, once fully lubed to remove the chirps. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thx for the heads up. Ordered just 70 and got a message in the cart saying I won free shipping yet still got charged for it.

5 Likes

So, after lubing the stems (205g0) and springs(105g0) of the Black Lotus switches, they feel and sound really nice.

I tossed them in my QK60. It’s current config is PC plate with just case foam. The LED diffuser really evens out the light dispersion.

Stem wobble is almost non-existent. I didn’t notice any leaf ping or spring crunch, but then again, I lubed them right out of the bag.

You can definitely tell these are JWK switches with how smooth they are. Bottom out on these are fairly deep. A little higher pitched than a Boba U4T, but deeper than the recent batch of Zakus.

I am definitely glad I added these to my switch collection. They will likely stay on my QK60 for a while. :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Those LED windows are pretty damn cool. I’d seen them in the switch pics but not in action.

2 Likes

Yeah, TTC have those on a couple of switches but I don’t think they look as good with lights on. :thinking:

1 Like

No more getting blinded by LEDs if you sit back at a certain angle from your board with south-facing LEDs. :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

New Nixies are back in stock at Novelkeys, so I grabbed them while I could. I don’t even have any builds planned, I’m apparently just hoarding them.

5 Likes

Some sets of switches for my collection.
HMX, SWK, Lichicx, Greetech and some Jerrzi. I still need to pull the trigger on some BSUN browns, BSUN banana linears, SMK 2nd gen orange and taiwan jet axis.
And i still need to pull the trigger on a Tofu60 v2 HHKB. It has everything i’d want out of an HHKB layout board, but there would also be a revo happy on taobao and there’s also the frog mini… i can’t decide.

4 Likes

Envoy seems lovely, at a very reasonable price. I’ve pined for a Sonnet several times, but it prices up quickly for the silver mirror pieces :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Perhaps Mode will make a 75% or TKL with a top accent based on the apparently economical Envoy design? Heck, I’d also take a 60% with an accent forehead.

As for me, I just grabbed my first GMK set, GMK Metropolis. So I’m tapped out for a while. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me and because I’m new to all this, but I often find it perplexing that the most beautiful part of a keyboard is on the bottom, back or inside - basically anywhere that I can’t easily see… So, I’m all for accent pieces at the front/top! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Oops. Ordered another Frog TKL :frog:

4 Likes

What build you going with? I have been really tempted to get the mini, but the TKL is a great price.