What is on your desk today?

Please recenter your wallpaper it bothers me.

Also, your desk is begging for a deskmat, but it has to be the right design as its hard to make that sweet sweet wood look even better than it already looks.

9 Likes

Wallpaper off-center how so?

Theres a oiece of the creative brain on the leftside

Just another Planck with laser.

7 Likes

I love the all white board!!

Today I have my newly built Iris split keyboard

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm3jUhEDP6N/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

still getting used to the layout (while coding the layout in qmk )

2 Likes

Got that powder pink on deck today!

7 Likes

This a 40%layout PCB with BLE named Chicory, here is a prototype of it matching case.
The case manufactured by ALF, it’s a white aluminum 6061 CNC case.

7 Likes

Wow that’s nice! Is the pcb available somewhere?

(really poor phone edit XD)
My current setup until I find a decent wrist rest. Just added the Elecom HUGE to the mix and i am loving it, super comfortable. Great first trackball for sure.

3 Likes

What keycaps are those? Oblivion grey with monochrome mods?

Full size IBM 3278. Link to restoration gallery- IBM 3278 Restoration

10 Likes

Is that a single slab of brass?!

17 Likes

My first 60% and my first split layout:

Waiting on some blanks to arrive to replace the upside-down SHIFT key :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s amazing

Just got the sorbothane installed in the NightFox. It is A LOT quieter. It no longer has that hollow sound to it and none of the echo from the keys. I can now use it at work pretty safely. Before doing this, it was by far one of the loudest boards I have ever used, clicky switch boards included. Now it is one of the quieter boards I have.

One thing that is somewhat notable is that the keys do feel slightly less tactile than they did before.

A nice quick mod. Only about 10 minutes to cut to size and fit in the case. I would highly recommend doing this if the noise of the WhiteFox/NightFox drives you crazy.

1 Like

Very cool, thanks for the followup. I’ve always thought about trying it out but I’m not as picky about how my keebs sound as some.

1 Like

No problem! Typically in the same boat. Only reason I cared was because I want to bring it into my office, but it was way too loud.

Edit: been using it all day, this may be the best sounding and feeling board I have now.