What Is QMK Compatible Based On?

Yeah for more advanced QMK features, you can take the source files generated by kbfirmware and try your hand and porting them to a newer version of QMK.

Hello @yanfali, Iā€™ve made some progress. Since previous post, I finished hand wiring my keyboard (bastardized TKL with all keys to the right of F12 removed), wired into a Teensy 2.0. Also have figured out how to build the keymap, compile using KBFirmware and then flash the board in Windows (prefer Linux) using QMK Toolbox.

As a side note I am able to compile a hex file in Linux beginning with an existing QMK keyboard, just havenā€™t figured out how to manage the c or h files to edit the original board to match mine.

Anyway when you mentioned getting to advanced QMK features using ā€œkbfirware source filesā€ are you referring to the hex file or something else? I donā€™t see an option in kbfirmware for source files. Thank you.

Look under the compile tab. Thereā€™s a download.zip file. It should contain the generated source code.

Wow! Thanks. Itā€™s amazing what becomes visible when someone opens their eyes and reads.

Thank you @yanfali, downloaded source and it worked great!

1 Like