What kind of spring do you prefer?

For me, I have found I prefer heaver springs specifically in Linears as otherwise they can usually feel a bit too light to me. For tactiles, it doesn’t matter as much as I care more about actual tactile feel with those kinds of switches.

1 Like

60g, standard to long, on a linear. I can’t really use tactiles, but that weight works for me in general.

Lately its been 18mm long springs, preferably in the 60g weighting. I used to be a really big fan of 62g 16mm but these 60g 18mm springs are really nice, light weight at the bottom with a higher return force than the 62g 16mm stuff.

I don’t have too much interest in anything longer because I primarily use tactiles and having a peak tactile force that is excessively higher than the bottom out force makes them uncomfortable to use long term.

2 Likes

Let me hijack the thread to ask something…

I have Durock Shrimps and I like them but I’ve been wanting to replace the spring with something that would make them snappier while making the less fatiguing to type on. They have a 14mm 67g spring, IIRC.
What I had in mind is something like dual stage 19mm 60-62g spring from Durock.
Would that accomplish the goal or maybe I should get something like a single stage 18mm spring in 60-62g like the TX ones instead?

I might add that I’m not that concerned with the bottom out but rather that high tactile force at the start of the keypress, their bump is heavy. It’s why I was considering dual stage springs instead of single stage…if it even affects that on tactiles.