What was your biggest FOMO or Hype keyboard purchase?

aaand I eat my words. Joined the Blush Linear GB because I thought I would really regret not getting it. Hey, first GB though!

2 Likes

Man, be careful or you might end up like me. :wink:

I realized earlier this week that Iā€™ve collected more than 100 full sets of switches; at least a few of which were FOMO.

But hey, my obsessive tendencies have afforded me a great inventory of things to write and make videos about - and would you look at that - my new lighting gear came in today. :3

5 Likes

I wish some of my FOMO price tags were that reasonable :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy the switches!

1 Like

I can see how easy it would be to fall into a very deep switch hole. I am starting to get obsessed with shopping for switches, and although I havenā€™t bought a ton yet, they are now my most bought keyboard item. And, because I now have an FRL 1800 the number of switches I buy has increased for each purchase.

2 Likes

My biggest FOMO purchase has to be the Noxary Vulcan Pro. I wasnā€™t really able to afford it but everyone said it was incredible and endgame worthy so I bought one right before the end of the GB. It was 100% worth it, the typing feel board is absolutely amazing and it sounds excellent.

3 Likes

I checked it out, the mounting method sounds interesting. Glad you had a FOMO moment that turned out positive.

I think the biggest fomo / hype purchase is the Sat75 r2

Back then I was a newbie and I really loved the 75% form factor - I think it was really fun to have gotten the FCFS. But the thrill worn off with passing day, and myself trying out other type of keyboards that I have moved on from the sat75 look.

Also, I felt that the keyboard took so long that I no longer want to have anything to do with it.

Once I received it, I sold it within 2 weeks and at a lost. That is how much I wanted to get rid of it. Quite sad but goes to show that long GBs really just kill the flame of interest.

1 Like

I think I am improving (not sure how long that will last) but I havenā€™t even been tempted by the Mode Sonnet because it is a 75% and that form factor doesnā€™t interest me much. Last year I probably would have jumped on it because it looks great and I could try out a 75%. Now I better understand my preferences.

I agree on the long group buy thing. I have Kam Lā€™il Dragon not even in the cue for production yet, and it was due to arrive Q1. I have little interest in keeping it.

That wait from purchase to arrival is something I have been avoiding by paying a bit extra to do extras and aftermarket.

I FOMO-ed plenty of times : Heavy 6 Motorsport, Kei brass bottom being the most expensive stuff.

1 Like