Your favorite tactile?

Fair few of us Zeal fanboys still.

2 Likes

Can any kind soul tell me where I can buy myself some Holy Pandas.

In the dark dark alleys of Mech Market

Current Favorites:
62g Ergo Clears
BKE Lights

Next things to put in a board:
J-spacered Gateron Blues with 55g
handmodded Hako Royal Clears

Also i orderes some Halo Clears, so maybe i’ll find an affordable tight housing for them too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel you.
My filco with mx clears from a vintage donorboard, 62g Spirit Springs, lubed superlube (because i didn’t know better back then) still has a special place in my heart :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Holy Pandas.

2 Likes

BOX Navy for me. Perfect sharp tactility.

1 Like

How are Holy Pandas not on the list?

1 Like

Too many options in the poll, I must say. It dilutes the result.

I’d still have to go with Topre 55g, though I like BKE Heavy a lot as well.

Honestly? I still use Superlube, both oil and grease. Swear by it.

1 Like

Thanks to @jetpacktuxedo, I’m currently using lubed 35g Zilents. They are awesome, and yes, you should try them.

1 Like

So is everyone endgame to spend endless amount of money on MX style switches and then trying a topre switch and moving to those switches exclusively? The reason I ask; is that was my trajectory. Started with loving me some MX style switches but then got my hands on a HHKB and have been using that as my daily driver. Looking at this survey seems to prove it.

Not necessarily. I know plenty of keyboard enthusiasts who dislike Topre or prefer MX (or something else) over them.

For me personally, I basically did what you did, except I’m using a Realforce. However, I still purchase boards with MX and other switch types. It’s a part of the hobby for me. I could easily live with my Realforce alone, but not all boards I buy/build are meant to be my daily driver or endgame board. I like to change things up from time to time, it’s a great way for me re-discover my love for each switch/board I own, making me appreciate them for what they are.

That being said, my Realforce is definitely the board that I use the most and I still consider it my daily workhorse.

1 Like

I tried topre because of all the hype. Got an FC660C, used it for a week or two and started noticing arm fatigue, sold it not long after. The feel of topre doesn’t really do it for me, anyway. Very much not a fan of the mushy bottom out with the huge weight increase near the bottom of the switch.

1 Like

I think it’s the opposite. To few options would lead to more Other responses, further obfuscating the result.

I’ll see what I can do to fix this

Jailhouse Outemu Teal with Aristotle spring is my favorite right now, but I like all jailhouse switches.

I’m all about Ergo Clears, but I recently threw a few clear stems into some extra kailh coppers I had laying around and I think I might have just found my grail switch.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Holy Pandas, 55g Topre, 62g Ergo Clears, 78g Zilents, BKE Redux Lights, and Box Royals.

I still haven’t had a chance to build up a keyboard with Royal Hako trues yet, but I have high hopes for them.