2020 Best Linears So Far?

Those Silks already went in stock, and have sold out. So the next restock should have the improved batches.

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm. A few weeks ago, Novelkeys posted that there would be a brief availability of the Silks, which were listed as “Batch 1” i.e. from the original production run.

It was a “lost” or “missing” part of the Batch 1 production that they had recently re-acquired. They have since all sold out, presumably.

So all subsequent runs of Silks should be “Batch 2+”

3 Likes

Why are you guys buying the silks? Just buy the dry switches.

You have to film them, right? So, you’re gonna have to open them up anyway.

Doing the bare minimum and only tub lubing those stems will feel and sound 100% better than silks. It takes about 5 minutes extra in all. :grin:

2-3 oz tupperware container, a few smears of 205g0. Boom. Done. Good switchez.

2 Likes

Two reasons for me - curiosity, and TaeHa mentioned the Drys and Silks didn’t feel 1:1 in terms of tolerances and springs. Could have been an inaccurate first impression but it was enough to nudge me off the fence towards the silks.

3 Likes

:rofl: All nonsensical judgement aside, IMO the Silk housings are more aesthetically satisfying in floating key and some Acrylic/PC cases. Plus what @Deadeye said above. Yup, TaeHa spooked me out a little, but huge thanks for the honesty. Stand-up guy.

Had not thought about the color. I’m actually using dry switches in my canoe rebuild bc I don’t want to see any highlight of switch peaking out. But good point about silks when you want to see them.

I guess that’s a perfect reason for going with silks because the main difference in JWK linear is the color of the housing. I’ve used enough variants at this point to realize that even from batch to batch, little inconsistencies are essentially trivial at the end of the build. A JWK linear is a JWK linear. Especially once you’ve lubed and filmed them. I can’t even tell a difference between dries, alpacas, h1s, thic thock, tangerines, Everglides, and FFF cheese. Spring weight is about all that changes. But I almost always spring swap to sprit or TX springs

Now, what’s this Novelkeys yellow and silver switch teaser about on Instagram? Maybe that’s the polia switch?

4 Likes

I mostly have had the same experience as you on JWK linears. I can’t feel a difference between Mauves, Alpacas, or H1’s if they have the same lube and spring, but my Tangies still feel a bit different to me. Of course that might change once the OA switch lands.

1 Like

JWK Linears with v2 molds are probably the ones that are the most widely appreciated (Alpacas, Seals etc…) unless you want a deep sounding switch

konpeitou for the deep jwk (full nylon housing)