2020 Best Linears So Far?

Been out of the keyboard loop for a while… what are some of the best linear options to date?

6 Likes

alpacas, tangies and still inks & tealios

2 Likes

Did anyone try qmx clips on these switches?
It seems like the silent version of these are either hard to find or expensive.

1 Like

IMO Ink switches.

Most people at the moment would probably say “insert recolor here” JWK

6 Likes

If we are talking stock, inks are the best imo.

3 Likes

If not, H1’s get my vote.

2 Likes

Another on the pile for Inks.

Silks (pre-lubed JWK’s) are also a good option if you want less expensive no-fuss smoothness, but I still prefer the sound and bottom-out feel of the Inks - and as much as I use my keebs, that’s worth an extra 20 cents a key.

4 Likes

Tealios and NK Silk/Dry for me.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the next NK Dry restock then =D

2 Likes

Tangies & Creams with 63.5g progressive springs have been my favs this year. You can’t go wrong with Inks, Tealios, or (insert name) JWK/Durock linears also like most have said. The only caveat to that is JWK/Durock switches still absolutely need to be filmed for the best performance.

3 Likes

Same here. I missed out on the Silks. Huge regret.

CREAMS!!! Yes, a top shelf selection for sure.

2 Likes

Tealios are still my pick, with the caveat that I still haven’t tried any JWK ones. I have some creams with UPEEPEE stems I’ve been using at work for a while and they are pretty nice too.

5 Likes

Tealios fan here. Still looking for something with the feel and sound of OG cherry without the scratch. It has to be possible!

5 Likes

We believe in you!

1 Like

maybe those Star switches will be the bees knees!

2 Likes

I gotta throw my setup with the SP Star gray linears back in my Sirius. I didn’t use them for very long cause I got so excited to use the half plate with Tangies set up I got in it now. Although the gray linears were very smooth & did have a decent sound. Smoothness wise I’d say they are on par with some decently worn vint blacks, sound wise though they fall a bit short if I’m remembering correctly. Close though I remember being pretty pleased with the sound of them. If I get the chance tomorrow I’ll throw it back in my Sirius & post a sound test here!

2 Likes

I’ve heard that the next batch of Novelkeys Silk will be better lubed than batch 1. Has anyone heard anything about this?

3 Likes

You’re the first I’ve heard of this, although I do hope this is true. From everything I have heard the application on silks was very consistent , just very very light. I think if Mike can get JWK to go a little bit heavier on the lube while still maintaining consistency the silks might truly be a viable alternative to hand lubed switches. Although I am OCD with switch lubing & literally lube every part that comes in contact with moving parts. Which seeing JWK’s factory lube job on switches other than silks makes think that would not be possible with however they do it.

2 Likes

Inks/Tealios to me, though I’m trying out some inks with cream stems and like that a lot so far.

2 Likes

Yes, but that’s after they run through the first batch. As far as I know (from their last email), the next sale of Silks will still be from the first batch.

2 Likes