60% platform

I want to get a new case for my 60% keyboard what would you guys recommend, my friend recommended me tofu60 though i’ve also heard that it isn’t the best as of now, any other options you guys think is worthy of choosing? i live in phillippines and i wish that the availability isn’t the same as if you’re going to buy something out of drop and wait for 4 months or more ty.

First of all, you might want to check what 60% PCB you have. Most custom 60% PCBs are GH60-compatible such as DZ60,Instant60, Pok3r and of course GH60 itself. Many aftermarket cases are similarly built around using the GH60 PCB

Take note that there are some common PCBs that do not adhere to the GH60 standard, such as GK61/64 (the older, non split-spacebar version) and Anne Pro 2. Furthermore, there are also PCBs that are compatible, but the plate is not compatible such as GK61x/64x and RK61

With this understanding of your PCB type, you can look into different aftermarket cases. Some things that you will want to think about:

• Case material (metal, plastic, wood etc)
  • High profile vs low profile
  • USB port position/cutout - needs enough space for your PCB
  • Color/Anodization/Finish

In terms of places, you can search on the following sites which are SEA-friendly:

• Shopee
  • Lazada
  • Aliexpress
  • Taobao
2 Likes

The Tofu is popular for a lot of reasons: it’s relatively widely available, it’s compatible with a massive amount of components, and it’s relatively reasonably-priced. Is it the “best”? That’s up to you to decide. Do you like how it looks? How it sounds in typing tests? Is it within your price range?

If you’re wanting build your first custom I think it’s a great starting point. Whether it’s the starting point for you is ultimately your decision.

1 Like

will my gk61 fit in the tofu 60 case?

The GK61 has issues with other cases. The plate it comes attached to needs to be replaced as it’s wider than most cases and the screw holes don’t often line up.

I’ve managed to cram a gk61 PCB into a few 3D printed cases but it’s not screwed in.

1 Like

The Tofu60 case is compatible with GH60 PCBs

Your keyboard PCB compatibility Plate compatibility
GK61 :no_entry_sign: Nope, too large :no_entry_sign: Nope, too large
GK61x :white_check_mark: Yes, it fits :no_entry_sign: Nope, the split spacebar module can’t mount

In any case, you will want to pick up an aftermarket plate that supports plate mount stabilizers. You can consider these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957918849.html

There’s also an example of GK61x in a Tofu case here:

3 Likes