A new lube and lubing technique

I have some GPL 205 grade 2 in a sealed container. I haven’t opened it yet, but so far my Krytox purchases have been successful.

I have GPL 202, GPL 204 and GPL 206, all Grade 2. In addition I have GPL 104 and GPL 107 that is so viscous it’s almost like honey.

I’m keen to get some 157 FSH and experiment with it. Also some GPL 105 so I can make GPL 205 grade 0.

Is there a store page for krytox or do you buy from a local vendor?

There are various distributors and vendors. As I’m in Australia, I’ve bought from eBay or U-Buy. In the US, Zoro Tools sells Krytox.

As I’ve registered a business, I might try contacting the distributors directly.

1 Like

The official distributor for Krytox is Chemours, a subsidiary of DuPont. Miller-Stephenson also seems to have a distributor-like role.

I would expect that the other vendors mostly buy from those sources.

1 Like

You can definitely get a whole set of switches done with one applicator. They also actually hold up pretty well as I have some that I used multiple times & just wiped clean with a tissue that are still useable. Although personally I much prefer using a fine artist brush for my lubing (like a 0 or 00 tip). I think it is much easier to control the amount of lube you’re getting on & coming off of a brush vs the applicators. That said I do a lot of painting experience & currently work for a painting company (I’m a carpenter by trade, but have experience in almost all phase of residential, commercial, & industrial construction), so me being partial to the brushes may have more to do with that than anything.

Edit: It also makes a huge difference if you get some good artist brushes. The cheap ones are really a huge step back from them as far as how well they perform. In fact I’d actually take an applicator over a cheap brush, so there is that too.

2 Likes

I sell lube with applicator kits as an option. These include one of the applicators we’re talking about in this thread, a tiny synthetic brush, and two types of sponge-on-a-stick. So users can choose their favourite.

And disposable plastic gloves. These are very handy!

1 Like

That is an awesome selection of stuff to send along with lube! Most place I buy from you’re lucky to get a few applicators with it, not that I really mind that, but that is definitely a sign you’re going above & beyond which would make me want to buy through you if I wasn’t in the US & closer to AU!

Thank you!

I’m constantly thinking of ways to value-add, and I have some new ones I’m keen to test. My chief problem is procrastination.

If you know any Aussies who want lube, tell them to hit me up on 🇦🇺 Mechanical Keyboards Australia (AUMK) | Facebook

I also love to talk about technology when I’m in the mood, so I also offer online advice. It’s easier than actually doing my job, after all!

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, they appear to come in several sizes, which some manufacturers distinguish with different colours.

2 Likes

Some lube applicators.

2 Likes