A rushed forum, my opinion and efforts prior to the launch of keebtalk

The thing I love about this the most is MOBILE LAYOUT SUPPORT!

1 Like

I also love the built in voting system and bookmarking

2 Likes

What’s wrong with /r/mechanicalkeyboards? Aren’t most of us already also on there in some form?

sucks for anything that isnt transient. you can have a IC spanning weeks in a reddit post.

It’s not great for GBs and ICs really. hard to keep track. And there are a lot of things that a traditional forum just does better.

Agree - anything beyond a short timespan is essentially lost. There’s forum topics that span months or even years of discussion.

And what’s great about Discourse is that it’s actually designed to turn itself into a knowledge base like Toms Hardware does w/ “Solution” to questions. I dont know if that needs to be enabled…

@norbauer??

correct, a good example of this is the osmc discourse and wiki page. the wiki page is just pulled from the discourse wiki section.

Yeah, about that. I tried activated my account using Chrome mobile browser and it kept throwing me [‘BAD CSRF’] error. A lot needs to be fixed and tested before we head there.

Thanks for explaining your rationale!
This was pretty insightful, given that I’ve only known Discourse from a user’s (rather than a site op’s) point of view.

1 Like

you probably did that during the site migration, should be good now.

I did it a few minutes ago. Now logged in through the Mac.

I know a lot of things are being fixed as we discuss stuff here. Liking the clean and neat interface.

1 Like

There’s too many Categories in this forum, IMO. It should be trimmed down.

I suppose once the mods come aboard, these things will be sorted. It’s still pretty new.

I recollect planning a forum for my ex-company. It was easier said than done. Had a harrowing experience trying to fix myriad variety of things ranging from logins/activations to image uploads.

As @magicpretzel pointed out, that’s actually a setting. Feel free to switch to whatever your preference is:

1 Like

Ryan plz, that white theme post burns! :smiley:

I mostly agree with what is being said here but imo it is still too soon to form any conclusions. I can see how this UI could be more attractive to certain people because of its simplicity. That being said, the amount of categories is overwhelming. Highly suggest removing a few.

The number of new topics counter in the nav bar is driving me nuts :tired_face:

Yep I did that first thing when I joined up. I was suggesting it being made the global default, but you’ve addressed that in the dedicated topic for the suggestion.

Personally I absolutely despise how the forum looks like. It’s nothing like any other forum platform before, and it’s pain in the a$$ to navigate to me.