Academic Research on Digital Experiences with Keyboard Usage

We are consumer behavior researchers at Cornell University, and we study consumers’ interactions with products, specifically consumers’ digital experience with different keyboards. We are currently conducting a study to better understand consumers’ keyboard usage experience.

Please follow this link to do a survey (takes approximately 7 minutes) to help us collect data.
https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0xDPzQPXCX0OSl8

Your responses will be used only for academic purposes. Your support will be a great help for us to advance our understanding of consumer experience.

For your reference, we are attaching our websites as well as our email address where you can find us:
Professor (Dr. Helen Chun: hc633@cornell.edu) Helen HaeEun Chun's faculty page for the Cornell Nolan
PhD Student (Elina Hur: yh776@cornell.edu) Elina Hur's faculty page for the Cornell Johnson
PhD Student (Sarah Lim: sl2673@cornell.edu) 404 - Page not found

2 Likes

Well, that’s pretty interesting. I’d be curious to know what other places you’re collecting samples from aside from Keebtalk and Reddit, and if you are targeting a specific type of consumer to learn about.

If you’re at liberty to do so, I’d also be interested to see the information and any conclusions you might draw from it posted here and in the other forums you’re collecting from. I hope the experiment goes well, and that you can tease-out some productive implications. Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your interest in our study!
I can share our findings when the survey is closed after we target our sample size, but I will definitely share with you when the study is over. Thank you again!

2 Likes

At first it was fun, then I got to thinking I was in school again and stuff started getting pretty serious. I survived though.

1 Like

Cool to see someone testing the actual numbers on our communities claims regarding typing speed and accuracy. one note I will say is that my keyboard, and I’m sure the boards of others on this forum, are not made by any one brand, and are mostly manufactured by community designers with components from multiple brands.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your participation! I’m looking for some other forums that I can post my study. Some of them banned my postings bc they think this is a spam. Can you please recommend some other forums or communities where I can post this?

Thank you for your note. It’s good to know, and I will keep that in mind!

1 Like

I’m willing to post this posting to some places I frequent.

I would say the ideal approach would be to find a forum moderator or owner first to see if they were willing to support your posting of the survey. That can help pave the way to ensuring you don’t get banned.

2 Likes

Here’s another place you might post,

The moderators for that Reddit are listed on the landing page.

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies! I don’t want to circulate this link without discussing with my team, so please do not copy and paste the link to other forums. But Reddit is certainly a good option I can post my study. Thank you again.

2 Likes