Allow users to change username?

I’ve started changing my username on other sites to something a bit easier to pronounce and I’ve found that I am unable to do that here. From the small amount of research I’ve done, I found the below site setting that should enable that functionality. Would it be possible to allow this?

username_change_period
The number of days after registration that accounts can change their username (0 to disallow username change).

1 Like

In most hobby communities username changes rarely happen, so the moderation team can micromanage each of the requests.

Just send a DM to the moderation team with the new username.

1 Like

That’s completely fair. Just sent a message to the mod team.

Thanks!

Just be aware that if your username is too easy to pronounce backwards, Superman will be able to easily trick you into saying it, thereby sending you back to the fifth dimension.

3 Likes

A common problem in this community, to be sure. Why, it’s happened six times to me in the past year

1 Like

Good thing no one can pronounce my username correctly. Especially Nathan Kim.

1 Like

I know it’s probably silly, but I’m trying to be more active in the community and just wanted something a little less impossible to pronounce. I’ve been using ccmpbll for everything for years, so I figured it was time for a change anyway.

1 Like

Oh I’m sure, but still, now you’re going to be fighting the compulsion to refer to yourself as Ajninbeek. I mean, you’ll want to stay away from mirrors, TelePrompTers, and “misdirected” mail that suspiciously originated from the Antarctic.

You take care now.

XXOO L. Luther.

1 Like

I appreciate the warning, I’ll do my best. Good thing is I can only be banished for a max of 90 days or something right? Might be fun hanging in the fifth dimension for a while. :thinking:

1 Like