Another other Panda? Ethereal Panda

Came across this just now. Specs in the post. Group buy on Oct 19.

2 Likes

When is enough enough? Do we really need yet another holy panda clone?

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: I agree though

1 Like

Sounds like it’s just a recolored halo stem in a bsun housing. Not much different than just making them except this is a tad cheaper.

1 Like

So basically a BSUN Panda with a cloned Halo stem pre-installed.

Also Vaporwave.

I’m marginally curious about the stem itself to see how it compares to others like it, but the price isn’t too bad compared to most “Holy” Panda versions. I do like that they understood how to clearly reference a popular trend without straight-up trying to practically (or legally) trying to control it or its name.

If I understand right, these are priced between Glorious Pandas and all the other Holy Panda options. Heh. It’s starting to look like “Woowoo Panda re-colors” are going to be as common as “JWK recolors” - and honestly, I think that’s a good thing. I think that will help the community leave behind the hype of the design / style (can’t be special or exclusive when everybody’s doing it) and just enjoy it for what it is.

2 Likes

Agreed. I don’t see anything bad about this. They have “Panda” in the name so people have a point of reference on what the switch will feel like, and it’s a different color. I don’t see the recolor trend going away anytime soon. Just another aesthetic option.

3 Likes

Switch recolors are something that I really am not the biggest fan of since they bring (imo) nothing to the scene in terms of actual innovation. Like some of it I get, the early JWK linears and things made some sense. But now with all the new linears that they have and all this with new pandas is just getting very old very quick.

Great… another one.

The only advantage is see is that these are pcb mount (5 pin) which is nice.

3 Likes