Any one have experience with thekey.company?

Out of all the US vendors, I’ve heard complaints about TKC (thekey.company) the most. I’ve had minor issues with them as well but not enough that I wouldn’t buy something that I really want from them.

Most of the complaints seems to be their inability to fulfill orders in a timely manner or slow response from their customer service. Here’s some snippets from a small-ish keyboard discord.

https://imgur.com/a/6e9XMng.jpg

1 Like

Thanks for the info. This will probably be my first / last order from them, unless I hear about major upgrades to the shipping / distribution setup… IE, bringing their shipping / warehousing in house.

Wow, was not aware of any of this until now.

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to vilify them but I do think people should be informed that there may be a small chance that the fulfillment of their order may be delayed. TKC offers great products/GBs and I hope that they can improve any weaknesses when it comes to customer service.

2 Likes

I ordered a PCB from TKC on 6 June and as of today the item still has not shipped. That’s 21 days for an in stock item and still not shipped. I sent a message on their Facebook page and was assured they would look into it for me. I think that it"s sad they are allowing their fulfillment company to destroy their reputation.

Providing the feedback to a staff member at TKC may help them look into their fulfillment company and see where the holes may be. They’ve had a very fast transition from a small business to a medium-sized business, faster than a lot others, and with that will come growing pains. The people that work there are super nice and I’m sure would appreciate constructive feedback and criticism of some of their systems so they can improve it in the future.

My first and I think last order from TKC was GMK Night Runner. The delays and their incredible lack of communication and transparency about the delays were so bad I sold the set as soon as I got it. I basically had to beg them to email buyers and let us all know what’s up instead of just putting the delay onto a one-line discord message or on the website with no notification.

1 Like

I’ve been in constant communication, with them, through discord, since one of them reached out to me. I think the problem lies in their fulfillment center, as there person, that I was talking with kept saying they were getting the same message (On process) back, when they were asking for an update, on shipping of the missing item.