Any really interesting custom keyboards out there?

I’ve not been too much into the world of customs lately, but from what I know it’s just the same stuff as it was 1 year ago.

My question to the ones who are in touch with the market is, are there any interesting keyboards out there? I’m looking for:

• battleship layouts
  • anything above 60% with a trackball
  • weird layouts (not ergo)
  • basically anything else obscure

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Battleship you say? Well, here’s something big: The Hyper 7. It’s from a few years ago in case you missed it.

Another interesting project is the 120% Compact Boston board.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:

That’s my idea of interesting! I wonder, is it possible to transplant the plate assembly in a custom case? If so, count me in.

It’s certainly interesting, but not really as big as I’d like :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The group buy just closed, but the Krado66 bills itself as a “destaggered ortholinear keyboard that accepts standard size keycaps in a 65ish% layout.”

7 Likes

GB is over for it, but the “Long Long Man” is very interesting and different. GB post on Reddit here.

Real life pic from Plip’s discord:

4 Likes

The Master-I by Lazydesigners caught my eye recently. Still in the works, but I think it’s a very fresh step for 40s.

5 Likes

Well, most projects on https://kbd.news are split ergos and open-source projects, but there are some more conventional abominations like:

2 Likes

10/10 on this design. 40s are not my preference but I love this.

Nice, which reminds me… I’ve something alike lying around.

7 Likes

Not at all into 40s but this is just amazing.