Anybody try the replacement Topre silencing rings from KeyClack yet?

The thinness of KC’s V1 rings is what sold me on them, since I wanted the key travel reduced as little as possible. They’re still going strong for me in my 660C, fingers crossed they stay that way!

1 Like

Awesome ! I have Hyperspheres on a FC660c and trying to decide between V2 and kbdfans rings on my FC980c. Which ones do you recommend ? I find the stock tactility ok even with Hyperspheres that I understand that are thickest and affect the tactility the most.

1 Like

TBH I haven’t used the V2 or KBDfans rings, but I’d lean towards the V2s since they have an adhesive side. The big gripe I’ve heard with KC’s V1 & KBDfans silencing rings is that they can slide out of place & cause the keys to stick. I managed to get around this with the V1s on my 660C by using some VPF1514 to kinda glue them to the slider, but not many others have been so lucky with them.

1 Like

Was checking out V2s as well, but they are out of stock on keyclack and mykeyboard eu. rip

1 Like

With stock domes I would choose the kbdfans rings for tactility, even though it can very rarely happen that they slide out of place. But since you’re already using hyperspheres and like those I think you’d be very happy with the keyclack v2s.

2 Likes

Thanks, I got everything I need except catch some time to do the mod :slight_smile:

I’ll go with keyclack v2.

1 Like