Archaic MX T-Shirt

Hello fellow keyboard enthusiasts!

@mountainblocks and myself have put together a design of an ancient archaic mx mandala, and were thinking about printing it on some shirts early next year. The shirts will be screen printed by Mountainblocks, who ran the Dolch shirt and has some valuable expertise and knowledge about the process and industry.

We are still working out a few details, and the design might slightly change but, thought that we would like to get some feedback at this stage, and see if people might be interested in potentially supporting this project. Thinking about going for a more off white to cream for the design, and plan to offer it on three colors, Midnight, Berry, and Graphite, (same material and shirt the Dolch shirt was run on) Would love to read your thoughts, and if you have any input. Cheers!

Some close ups

8 Likes

I dig it bud (as almost all of your designs I’ve seen TBH, LOL)! I’ll hopefully grab one or two when this goes live. Oh BTW sorry I haven’t gotten back to you recently, I’ll hit you up on Discord either later tonight or tomorrow to pick up where left off in our conversation!

2 Likes

I’m loving this!

We need more designs so I can go a whole month with a different keyboard related t shirt every day

3 Likes

This is so beautiful! I love the intricate detail and abstract design. Plus it’s a bit subtle in terms of being keyboard-related, which I appreciate.

2 Likes

I’m finding the center most cross, that’s rotated 45 degrees a little distracting, from the rest of the design.

Edit: It took me way to long to see the second cross that’s not rotated 45 degrees and my eyes keep refocusing on the rotated cross.

2 Likes

Thank you and glad you like it. I’m a big fan of subtlety in design

3 Likes

One thing that appeals to me about this design is that the further away you are from it, the more it looks like an MX switch. As you get closer all of the fine detail takes over.

I think that for keyboard related apparel to actually sell it has to be visually appealing regardless of whether you’re into keyboards or not and this design hits that mark in my eye. I’m pretty picky about what I’ll wear and this is something I’ll rock for sure.

3 Likes

Will these be on the same shirts as the Dolch? If so, I am definitely in for some.

3 Likes

Yes sir! it’s the same blank. We’re putting together some mockups that better show the heather triblend fabric and I’ll run samples before opening up a GB so people can get a better idea of the final product.

I appreciate your support!

3 Likes

OP has been updated with some more representative images :+1:

2 Likes

We were messing around on Discord a while back to come up with the worst T-shirt ever. For your consideration…

That is definitely a thing. Extra points for the classic Bill Watterson IP infringement. :slight_smile:

I should be a design consultant.

1 Like

On the list of things I hate, that’s definitely on the list.

1 Like

Berry is the best shirt color here, don’t @ me :wink:

2 Likes

Berry’s the star of the show. Can’t wait to see some samples soon

1 Like

Don't%20%40%20me%20bro!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Couldn’t help myself, happy holidays Huey!

1 Like

Any chance of a black shirt with a yellow design down the road? That would be the ultimate version of this shirt for me! Although the berry & black ones shown look fire, might have to grab both since I can’t decide which one I like better.

Not sure how well that works for the idea. Nice thing about the more creamy color we will try for, is it can work across several colors, not really locking you in to one choice

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense, keep the design a neutral color then you can go with almost any shirt color. Either way count me in for one or two shirts when they go live! BTW, happy holidays bud! :smiley:

1 Like