Austin, TX Meetup - April 6th, 2019 @ Google Fiber Space

Hey KeebTalk!

I posted an Interest Check trying to find out when would be the best time to have a Austin Meetup and based on your feedback and the venues schedule we are holding it on April 6th, 2019 from 6pm-10pm at The Google Fiber Space! Shoutout to u/sneaky_sloth_ on reddit for getting me the hookup with Google, and u/FistfulOfPaintballs on reddit for being an awesome Co-Organizer and helping me contact all the sponsors! This event space is something google came up with when they moved to Austin, it helps people get informed about Google Fiber while also allowing groups to host events there every so often. Official Meetup Designs have been finalized. Come talk about keyboards and win some prizes with your fellow enthusiasts! We should have plenty of room in the event center to show off your latest builds or coolest vintage keyboards.

Google Fiber Space: 201 Colorado St. Austin,TX 78701

April 6th, 2019 from 6pm till 10pm

To stay update on new info pertaining to this meetup I will be updating this post along with posting updates first on the Texas Mechanical Keyboards Discord

RSVP HERE

There will be a sign in google form at the meetup, you must sign in with your real name and have some form of ID for the giveaways!!!

Here are the sponsors so far:

These deskpads have been finalized and are being made instead of T-shirts for the meetup! You can check out the post on that right here! The deskpads will be for sale at the meetup for $12. Once all 45 have been sold out that will be it! We will have stickers with the deskpad image on them too along with another sticker that u/hamkenobi designed saying “I love keebs so much”! Both sticker will be free at the event!

2 Likes

I will be there! It’s on my calendar!

tyson522 if you’re organizing may I suggest that you consider having these items on hand?

Hand sanitizer - maybe about 6 bottles, minimum, one for every ~8 or so keyboards.
Sharpie markers
Pens
Index cards
Blue painter’s tape

Is anyone coming in from out of town on this one?

Thanks for the suggestions! I won’t be providing any hand sanitizer as I believe google might have some that people are more than welcome to use. They will also be providing pens/sharpies. I am looking at trying to make a fillable form that people can use for the meetup to write out their builds. As for people coming from out of town I do believe that people will be coming from Houston and Dallas, I am unaware of others coming from out of state.

Sounds good. Did you reach out to Das Keyboard as a sponsor? They’re local too.