Black Lotus issues (it's not just me)

You might remember from my previous posts that I experienced a chirping with my Black Lotus switches that was only fixed by lubing them. I reached out to Divinikey about the problem and I got this back today.

Hi Reece,

Thanks for reaching out to us and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response! I effectively manage tickets on my own and had taken some time off as my wife and I welcomed our second son. In my absence our team tried their best to reply to tickets, but was obviously unable to get back to everyone. Now that I am back I am working diligently to go through the ticket queue. This is the reason for the massive delay in getting back to you. Normally I would have responded within 2-3 days tops. We’re not trying to make excuses for anything, but would like to provide some context.

Personally I have had issues with my 2 packs of Black Lotus switches as well and have brought up the issue to Carl, one of the co-owners. He is going to reach out to Durock/JWK to see if they have heard anything else. Looking through the tickets there is 1 other person who has reported issues as well. I will provide an update as soon as we hear from Durock.

Kind regards,

Andrew

7 Likes

Mine have been good so far, after a week of work/gaming. Just using them out of the box. How long til yours starting acting up?

1 Like

They had issues from the start. It’s just a high pitched chirp that you can hear occasionally while typing normally. Once you hear it, you can make it happen by pressing down and rocking the switch.

2 Likes

I don’t know if the issue was ever addressed. But I see they might be using the same molds for the recolors for these Hamani Dango switches. They sure appear similar.

5 Likes

I just got a set of Blue Lotus (the tactile T1 variant of the Black Lotus) switches and I’m noticing the same creaking sounds present in these. Currently unlubed variants.

I changed the spring on one of them to a lubed TX XL 18mm 62g spring and the crinkling sound on bottom out rocking significantly decreased. I’ll have to try this on more of them later but I personally believe that the majority of the crinkling sounds actually come from the spring. Did you lube the stock springs in your Black Lotus’ when you lubed them?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I did, but I will try to check. I have another set of 70 that are stock. I can try just lubing the spring and see if that does anything.

I tried the stock spring in the Blue Lotus inside of a lubed and filmed regular JWICK T1 and it has a nasty amount of spring ping. I can’t make it do the same creak noise though, but I suspect that’s due to how the Lotus’ are long pole bottom out instead of stem rail - there’s just less surface area to prevent the stem from wobbling once you have reached the end of the travel range.

But yeah, every Blue Lotus that I’ve tried with a non-stock spring has removed the chirp/crinkle sounds almost entirely.

1 Like