Bobagums

I’ve read somewhere that the dampeners sort of “un-stick” from the housing, the sound it makes kind of sounds like it, pretty gross haha, I don’t feel it so much but rather hear it, I assume lubing will solve that though.

1 Like

After 3.5 hours of lubing and spring swapping, I’m really happy with the result. 62g Long springs on most keys, and then 64 MP from Keyspresso on stabilized keys and such because I ran out of the 62g Longs haha.

But overall, liking the Bobagums more with springs that I’m more accustomed. Kinda crazy how much difference spring weight and spring types matter.

(I also got a new PB typing speed for the 30 sec, word only, Monkey-type test of 152 WPM)

4 Likes

Did the squishy sound go away?

I don’t think there was that much squishy sound before really, but I think they may have lessened with the lubing. Here’s a quick recording. Sorry that it’s quite quiet…but with silent switches that is to be expected I guess.

Edit: This is with the Yeti mic pointing straight at the keys about 4 inches away.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recording :call_me_hand:t3:. It sounds cleaner than my stock ones, so time for lube it is.

1 Like

I’d like to mention my lubing method for these.

For the bottom housing, I lubed around the post with 3203.

I had bag lubed these springs in the past so i did a little dip into Krytox 105g0 on the bottom of the spring.

Then lightly lubed the stem legs where it makes contact with the leaf with 3203 leaving the sides and larger areas ‘dry’. (For other switches until now, I lubed everything that makes contact with any part of the housing.)

For the top housing, I lubed my usual thin application of 3203 around the inside.

3 Likes