Box Cream Switches!

I have a soft spot for box switches even though I hardly ever use them. Lots of pros. Less spring ping, smooth out of the box. I like the shorter travel, which explains why I gravitate toward Pandas (the bottom out). When I build boards for friends that are new to mechs I often go with box reds.

They seem to destroy resale value so I never use them on solder builds.

But I’m still psyched about Box Creams!

2 Likes

As Kalih has their own private customers Aliexpress shop, I basically always order switches directly from them.

hope this one is not too heavy :worried:

Well we do have lots of options to swap them at least

3 Likes

TIL - bookmarked thanks!

In stock, yo:

9 Likes

Just ordered them, curious to see how they are. If the springs in here aren’t as trashy stock as they are in the normal creams, I might use these stock.

1 Like

Super weird that they are listed as having a full 4mm travel and 2mm actuation. Regular box switches and silent box switches (which have a similar, round stem) have 3.6mm travel.

Me Yesterday: I have too many switches.
Me Today: I just spent $100 on box creams and milkshake switches.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

8 Likes

Yeah, i noticed that about travel. Seems like it could be a copy/paste error from the regular cream switch listing. Guess we’ll see soon.

I ordered some box creams as well as some of of the pcb mount nk stabilizers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sweet. I wonder if they have the silencing pads in them, since they are shaped like Box Silents.

I have too many stabs at the moment but I’m interested to see how both their plate and pcb mount ones stack-up.

I doubt they’re silent but that might explain the extra travel. If they put these into a mold designed for a shorter traveling silenced switch and the silencing method is absent… you get the full 4mm travel? dunno. Talking out my butt here.

I dont own any of these round stem box design, and I can’t seem to find images of the internals on the web :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s some quick phone photos of Silent Box Brown internals:

2 Likes

well, they can’t just remove them or that would account for more than .4mm of travel. The mystery continues

2 Likes

Do you guys lube your box switches? Thoughts on lubing these?

I have never tried it, but I think you can lube the little nub in box switches.

1 Like

@zev @djmantis I have some information about that here.

1 Like

dang i have so many switches but like ill probably get these if they still have them when i get home

1 Like

Thanks for the info guys! I am gonna try it unlubed to start and go from there. Using on a preonic with PBT MT3 keys, interested to hear how it sounds

2 Likes

Thanks for the info everyone. Grabbed me some to throw on the Planck. I really enjoyed the original Cream switches and had great success with lubing them. Can’t wait to give these a try!