C3 stabs

So can anyone here tell me if it’s worth the trouble to get rid of my C2 v2 stabs and get Durock instead? Most people I’ve talked to tell me that Durock is much better but I am not sure by how much. I definitely plan to lube them either way.

1 Like

If you are planning on using PBT caps it might be worth the trouble. Cause v1 C3 stans had issues with even just slightly warped keys. It’s supposed to be fixed with the v2s, but I can’t confirm that. If you’re gonna juts be using abs sets m, you’ll be good. Ive never had any issues with GMK & JTK on v1 C3 stabs.

Imo, no, I’m currently using v2 c3 stabs on my Rama U80-A for about a week now, and so for, they work perfectly fine.

I recently switched the keycaps to epbt royal alpha, which are very heavily warped, but even with those, the stabs work just perfectly fine for me.

So, to sum it up, I’d say it’s really up to you/personal preference, as long as you got the v2s (my biggest +point for the c3s is definitely that you won’t have to be afraid/worried of the wire popping out, since it fits in so incredibly tight).

Hope I could help you out with the decision at least a little bit :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Here is a little video as “proof” to see that the v2s work with the PBT Keycaps, even when they’re pretty bend/warped (though the stabs could definitely use a bit more lube):

4 Likes

Thank you! This is very helpful. I’ll be keeping these then since I have 4 sets.

1 Like