Cherry g80-2000 HAU

Wow, that is amazing! What a beauty.

Are they still there? I want to buy them

Hello templar, I am a buyer from China, I want to buy these two G80-2000, what should I do?

Do you still have these two keyboards at home? Can I buy them?

Posting this here for anyone who happens to come across a G80-2000 like these in the future - specifically, with an extra molex power connector and switch.

I was fortunate enough to get one of OP’s boards, and I was able to get it working with my PC in the end.

I think a company or individual purchased and modified these, and then sold them on as a new product - I’ve never seen a molex power connector or toggle switch on any other G80-2000, and there are additional “TAS/G80-2000HAU” stickers with barcodes on the bottom, which are not Cherry-style stickers.

The keyboard doesn’t work via DIN in this state. Basically, they replaced the +5V wire in the DIN cable with the molex power cable, so DIN no longer provides the keyboard with power. The toggle switch disconnects this +5V source when pressed. They also added a capacitor (presumably for shielding) in the one I got.

This is a simple fix - desolder the molex cable and toggle switch. Then locate the original +5V DIN wire, which they thoughtfully tucked away instead of cutting it off completely, and solder it onto the pad that the +ve molex wire was soldered to (it will be in the same area as the other wires that lead into the ferrite core and DIN cable). I also removed the capacitor while I was at it.

After doing this, the keyboard works through PS2 with full functionality[x]. That said, I wasn’t able to get it working properly via a Soarers - I had to connect it directly to the PS2 port on my motherboard to get it fully operational. Further to that, I have to specifically plug it in AFTER my PC’s already fully booted up, and I have to ensure that no other keyboard (PS2 or USB) is connected on power on.

[x] I am still having one small problem with it though - the caps/scroll/num lock LEDs don’t function when toggling the lock states, despite the keys working normally. And weirdly, if I press the lock keys more than a few times, the keyboard stops transmitting text to the PC. I have to replug it to fix it. The LEDs themselves aren’t the issue, as they flicker without issue when booting up the PC with the keyboard attached. It’s very strange.

Also, some photos for the hell of it:

12 Likes

Hello, I came here through a Google search.
If this product is not on sale, I would like to purchase it.
There is no way to contact you, so I am leaving my Discord ID, so please contact me.
‘JeYeoung’ If anyone else reads this comment and sells the g80-2000/2100, please contact me.