Cherry MX Blue alternatives?

I will agree, that the click bar is superior when it comes to the sound that it makes, but so far it hasn’t proven its self to be better in the tactility department.

I’m sure with time, other bar / spring / bump combinations could be established, but as of right now, it doesn’t meet my needs.

Honestly, It’s the tactile feeling of a click Jacket, that I’m looking for the sound is not necessary.

I’d love to find a tactile switch that can replicate the tactile feel of a MX Blue, but as the tactile portion of the switch is fixed to the stem, the contact leaf has to ride back down the bump after the point of engagement. Where as with a click jacked switch, the click jacket drops away from the contact leaf after passing the point of engagement and the stem free moving at that point.

1 Like

I just got out my zealiostotle board this weekend and I had forgotten how much I like them. I don’t use clicky switches as much anymore and probably wouldn’t build another board with them so I don’t keep up as much with what’s new, but I like these a lot. I think I actually do like the zealiostotles better than box whites, but whether the effort is worth it is another question.

3 Likes

Where did you get the donor Aristotle switches?

Zeal, he was selling them for a while. I think it was ~3 years ago

1 Like

Like, I get you like Kailh and all, and I do too, but jesus, be less shill-y around here.

4 Likes

I didn’t want to say it but I’ve never seen anyone type out Dongguan Kaihua Electronics Co. Ltd. before lmao

3 Likes

I personally love Dongguan Kaihua Electronics Co. Ltd. products, especially the Dongguan Kaihua Electronics Co. Ltd. CPG151101F series of switches.

3 Likes

That looks like a translated company name to me too, in China the company name has to have the city they’re registered in as part of the name, whereas here in the states we’re used to just seeing Kaihua.

2 Likes

Also, be on the lookout for Phoenix stems - they’re a stem heavily inspired by Artistotle handled by reddit’s hbheroinbob.

1 Like

Still wondering when we’ll get an update on these. I think it’s been a month and a half of radio silence now?

Patience, my friend. He’s working at the speed of heroin Outemu factory reps.

1 Like

Would you happen to have a spare Blue Ink, that you could take apart and take some pictures of the internals?

Box blacks are nice IMO

I really loved zealiostotles and aliazstotles when they turned out, but the amount of inconsistency and the amount of bad switches coming out of the modding work was a huge turn off. I would say there were as many bad switches as there were good after the mod work.

1 Like

Fortunately, that’s exactly what the Phoenix stems are trying to solve (other than literally just availability)

3 Likes

Dang, mine weren’t nearly that bad, I did have some consistencies and bad switches but there were only maybe five I didn’t end up keeping on my 60% board

1 Like

You might wanna give box pinks a chance, they’re the middle ground between the lighter whites and the thicc jades. I have them in my KBD19x and they’re the best clickies I’ve tried.

Chinese royal yellows seem even better on paper, but I haven’t had a chance to try them yet

I have a Box pink tester. I’m not a fan of how it feels floaty, but when I type, I’m use to just barley bottoming out and when I don’t it feels awkward.

I’ve been playing around comparing the Kailh switches (I have a bunch of Kailh testers) to their Cherry counterparts, and something just feels off. I’m starting to wonder if it’s the springs, the actual switching mechanism, and or the shorter switch travel distance used in some of the Kailh switches, that’s the leading reason for my dislike of the click bar switches, as the Kailh switches all seem to feel heavier, then their cherry counterparts and mid way through the switch travel, I start to get a floating sensation, when depressing the Kailh switch, that I don’t experience with the Cherry switches…

1 Like

I havent heard of these. Is there an IC page for them here, on GH, or elsewhere?

The first batch I made, which were aliaz+stotles went well; I only made a few switches for a tester and had maybe 1 or 2 bad switches out of maybe 10-12 total. However, later when I bought a large batch of stotles to make a 60% whole build, I made it through maybe 20 switches before I gave up, having almost half of them being crap. The ones that come out fine were also generally inconsistent.