Comparison: Tribosys 3204 vs 3203

Dude, I couldn’t agree more that 3204 on Holy GSUS is FTW. It’s magic fo real!

1 Like

Question for all those mentioning over-lubing. I’ve not lubed any switches before and I’m just preparing to start. I’m curious what you do once you’ve found out you over-lubed… are the switches salvageable or are they toast?

1 Like

If you can still open the switch you can just wipe off excess lube in most cases and start over.

It’s very difficult to remove all the lube but, as already suggested, you can remove most of the excess lube with a brush. To remove lube from switch stem fast, I use soft paper tissue.

If that isn’t enough, you can use a silicone tipped clay shaper/brush to scrape lube off. If the tip is too wide to remove lube from switch housing slider channels, use a knife to reduce the width.

1 Like

I haven’t tried this with housings yet, but I was able to get some Halo stems pretty much completely cleaned of the Krytox mix I had originally used on them by soaking them in 91% isopropyl alcohol then wiping them clean with a dry paper towel. Although those were not over lubed, I just wanted to switch the lube from a thick Krytox mix to Tribosys3204 on them while I was swapping them into new housings.

1 Like

If you happen to have a ultrasonic cleaner, that, I have heard is the best way.
But the cheaper way, aside from just scraping it off, is like what Rob suggested and use IPA.

A word of warning if using IPA, while the stem and spring should be fine, if you need to clean the housing, I would just wash one switch first to test before soaking everything in IPA. I found that with certain plastics, though it strangely doesn’t always happen, you can get a white haze that gets caked onto the housing; it’s possible to clean off but it’s not simple. I’ve never figured out what it is.

1 Like

Here’s the difference in detail - same properties at NLGI 0.

1 Like