Comparison: Tribosys 3204 vs 3203

Hey all,

I wanted to do a quick review/comparison of Tribosys 3203 and 3204 so I figured I’d put together a video demonstrating how I lube switches while comparing the two lubricants. One thing I would caution is that I’d maybe use slightly less lube than I did in the video. I was a bit too focused on recording the video than doing the best job of lubing.

To briefly summarize my comparison between the two I’d say that they both do an excellent job of removing any grittiness from the switch and adding some silence.

Tribosys 3203 adds a decent amount of smoothness without rounding off too much of the stock key feel. I’d imagine it would be really great with tactile switches where you want to soften some of the imperfections of the switch without losing too much tactility. Sound dampening wise it’s a little less effective than 3204.

Tribosys 3204 adds more smoothness yet. The feeling is less plastic on plastic and the parts just seem to glide along each other. Tactility can definitely be dampened with this lube if not applied carefully and even then you’ll still lose some of it. However, on linear switches the feeling is fantastic. 3204 really helps with sound dampening too. On silent switches it really goes the extra mile and sound becomes almost imperceptible.

I’m looking forward to trying out the 3203 a bit more, especially on my next tactile switches where I think it will really shine.

The only place that I have found that lube in EU is on mykeyboard.eu but it is out of stock.

Any updates on what you think about 3203?
I used 3203 on my holy pandas and it does add smoothness. Sound wise it doesn’t seem that different from the stock, just not spring sound. I also lubed the legs of the stem but it didn’t seem to affect the tactility. At least not to the point where it is noticeable.
Also want to hear everyone’s opinion

Nothing to report back yet. Been busy with other things and haven’t got a tactile build coming up to test it on. I’ll try and test it on some zealios and was thinking of rebuilding my Tada68 so I’ll try to update this post once I have!

I’ve joined the group buy for V2 Zilents and am planning to lube them with 3204 for a bit of extra smoothness.
I’m hoping due to the reported larger bump there’ll still be some good tactility there.
I’ll report back once I’ve got it all together!

I think you’ll be fine. If your careful about using minimal to no lube on the legs then you won’t lose any tactility.

I used 3203 on some Holy Chickies and saw a very minimal reduction in tactility even if I did the legs.