D60lite - KBDFans is at it again

Looks like the Kara has some more specific competition, as another “lite” sibling joins the stable:

https://kbdfans.com/collections/new-arrival/products/d60lite-x-6085-mechanical-keyboard-kit

All kinds of dampening and gasket business going on in this plastic HHKB-inspired DZ60 enclosure.

While this isn’t my personal niche of interest when it comes to form-factor, I’m glad to see what appears to be yet another very competent and competitive, typing-experience-focused, mid-priced board on the scene.

7 Likes

I’m loving the look of this. I’m annoyed I missed out on the Kara so I’ll definitely be picking this up. Shame there aren’t more colours though can’t fault the retro beige they went with.

So many 60/65%s at the moment… it’s a fine time for us who love the smaller form factor.

5 Likes

Why is there no Ctrl-Key?

aNz3L4r_700b

6 Likes

They also have a bunch of other colors and even a surface treatment option (matte, transparent, and mirrored):

3 Likes

That means I’ll have to pick up two or three of these.

Damn.

That is severely tan, lol.

Pretty interesting that it comes with that ePBT 6085 base kit. The set just went into GB today.

I was thinking that. Just hope it doesn’t take years to be delivered.

On layouts like this, the caps lock key is usually tossed out and replaced with the control key. It’s a mimic of the Happy Hacking Keyboard, and it’s a particular layout change that a lot of people find a lot more comfortable than the standard keyboard layout.

4 Likes

Ah alright. I got Fn/temp layer switch on CAPS LOCK.

Anyone else think they missed a huge opportunity with the naming of thise board? I would’ve just called it the D-Lite.

6 Likes

Groove is in the heart edition!

3 Likes

They have a series of board, all the D follow similar design language, then is form factor and lite to indicate injection molding part

That is pretty sweet! I hope they would eventually consider doing a lite version of the 8x.