Dark Mode is Fixed Now

Where am I

There I was

I’m happy to do whatever if somebody tells me what to do. Presumably this is an issue with the latest update of Discourse. I could email the support people who run the server for us?

1 Like

Yeah, 2.7 broke some things when I updated my personal forum. It was a quick fix on my self-hosted version. They should be able to resolve it quickly.

3 Likes

Yes! Contact them because some percentage of your users can’t access the site and won’t see this thread or can’t read this thread if they’re logged in.

1 Like

yes! I had this problem for a few days now and until I click on this thread I couldn’t view anything in the forum at all. And even now this temp fix of light mode is killing my eyes. There’s too much white!!!

@TimeDoctor thank you friend! I almost gave up going to the forum together for 1-2 week before this.

1 Like

me using light mode while I wait for dark mode to be fixed

4 Likes

I’m using Dark Reader for the time being. A neat plugin that’ll dark mode just about anything. I prefer native themes, but desperate times call for desperate measures lol.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I can’t tell you how grateful I am for this plugin, thank you for linking to it. So far it seems to work well and let me tell you, browsing Amazon in dark mode is the best!

2 Likes

Seems this is the solution! Nice. So admin just needs to delete the Alternative Logos plugin and set the dark theme to display the proper logo.

Yes! It’s a life saver on Google and Amazon.

We’ve got a ticket into the support folks, whom I’m sure will be able to fix this for us. I tried to find the plugin that is known to cause this issue but it doesn’t currently appear to be installed in our instance.

6 Likes

I was wondering why I haven’t been able to see anything… it seems like it works again for me now? I never changed to light mode but everything seems like it’s working again with dark mode on

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully my eyes recover quickly from that blinding we just experienced lol
Thanks everyone here for being on top of this on “workaround” and solution.

3 Likes

confirmed! I just switched back to dark mode and it’s working again

@swarley it’s working now
@norbauer that was fast, less than 24 hours from support ticket to result

6 Likes

I wonder how long we all would have went. Lol. Thanks buddy.

4 Likes

Appreciate it.

Thanks! On the plus side of the breakage I was introduced to “Dark Reader”… thanks @Den-Fi

3 Likes