Detroit, MI Meetup

Check out the website for updates and to get tickets https://www.motorcitymechs.com/. More information to come PLEASE READ THE UPDATE IN THE THREAD FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE NEW LOCATION AND DATE.

611 W Philadelphia, Detroit MI

Time: 10 am - 3pm

Date: October 7, 2023

Ticket Price $15

We’ll have partner vendors and giveaway items during the meetup!

2 Likes

IGNORE THIS POST. I missed it, it was right on the image :man_facepalming:

haha no worries! for ease of access though to anyone else who checks this out - I was just able to add the site to the main post!

UPDATE
We unfortunately had an unforeseen issue with our venue and we will no longer be able to hold the meetup there.

The good news is that we were able to find a new venue. However, due to the short notice of this reschedule, we are unable to hold the meetup at the same date and time and there is a reduced capacity. The meetup will now take place at 611 West Philadelphia St, Detroit MI from 10am - 3pm on October 7th

Obviously this may change things for folks so if you are no longer able to attend, please let us know and we will provide you with a refund. If you have any questions, please drop them in the new questions channel and we will be sure to answer them. Please be aware that the meetup is still happening this was just an unforeseen circumstance.

Pushing this up again since we’re just over a month out! Our partners have been added to the site and we plan to have some giveaways. Grab a ticket while you still can!

Will there ever be a west coast meet up? I’m too broke to fly to Michigan :sob:

1 Like

Actually the west coast scene was considerably more active than other areas with meetups before covid. @Manofinterests Any west coast meetups coming soon that you know of?

NorCal Meetup in San Jose on Nov 4th

2 Likes

More info on this? I’d add it to my meetup database.

1 Like

Sure thing! We’ll obviously be having table spaces for folks to display keyboards. We will also have some vendor tables from Switch Oddities and Zouabi Artisans. Dangkeebs and Deskpads Gallery will be providing giveaway prizes!

1 Like

I’d sure love to go, I hate that I missed out last time due to getting sick.

tickets are available online if you’re able to come! 2023 Motor City Mech Meetup Tickets, Sat, Oct 7, 2023 at 10:00 AM | Eventbrite

Since I am a YT content creator and run r/BudgetKeebs I was hoping to come with some of my modded keyboards and meet fans. Do I need to purchase a different type of ticket or can it be comped? I could also bring a keyboard to add to the giveaways.

2 Likes

Well, so much for that…

Just grab a ticket & take some of your boards with you. I’m sure you could let the organizers know about the giveaway you’d like to do when you get there.

Hey, badmark! We already discussed this in a private message, but just to recap, it is not in our budget to offer any free tickets and we unfortunately only have one standard ticket type. Since it’s just my wife and I putting this on, we tried to make the price as low as possible so it can be accessible to the community while still allowing us to cover the cost of the venue. I suggested that you fill out a vendor form in case you needed more space to display multiple boards, but you are more than welcome to bring the maximum 5 boards with a normal ticket. We know you’re not a vendor, but offering you a vendor setup would help ensure you had your own space to display all of your boards and engage with your fans simultaneously.

I appreciate your willingness to offer a giveaway item! Since you were unsure if you were going to attend the event without a comped ticket, we didn’t discuss the details further. If you have any other questions, please feel free to message me privately.

As always, you are more than welcome to attend with a normal ticket and we hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Update here! We’re at capacity and will not be selling any more tickets! See everyone Saturday!

2 Likes

Our meetup has come to a close! Thank you to everyone who came by! Take a look at this 7ft board

3 Likes

It was a blast! First meetup I’ve been to and was really nice to talk the hobby with so many people.

3 Likes

So great to hear that, glad you were able to make it!

2 Likes