Dizzy here

Hi everyone,
I’m dana (dizzy), and I’ve been a keyboard enthusiast since I started programming on an IBM AT 286 back in the 80s. Even though this endeavor began more decades ago than I care to recall, I have been coding on this format for the better part of 30 years now. Recently, I have started experimenting with more modern technology choices and I must say, it’s lovely to finally have a ‘Windows’ key when I need one. I have always treasured the personal experience and touch when interfacing with my machines and I’m looking forward to learning about all the cool and creative stuff going on in this community.

Cheers!

-dana

Hello. Dizzy! I have yet to try an AT 286!

Hi Dizzy,

One of my daily driver keyboards is a Model F PCXT, so I know the lack of windows key issues. If you’re unaware, there’s a handy shortcut where Ctrl+Esc pops up the windows menu at least in windows. I know the key does other things in Linux-based systems, but I don’t know if there’s a handy shortcut like that for the same result.

2 Likes

I used to have a Model F, enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the pcb cracked on that one and I was tired of patching it.

There are a bunch of 3-fingered salutes that answer my needs but sometimes you just want it simple.

I should start a thread for the M-Series fans, I could feel at home there. :slight_smile:

Oof. Cracked PCB kinda sucks. I can imagine getting tired of fixing that.

Lol, Yeah, I know what you mean. There’s too many that are easy to forget at certain times.

Buckling spring is definitely one of my favorite types of keyboard.