Do Gazzew Boba U4T Switches Interfere with Cherry-Profile Keycaps?

Hello fellow enthusiasts!
I am fairly new to the keyboard hobby, and I recently did a build that has North-Facing LEDs (bad move on my part, in my opinion), and was thinking about buying some new GPBT Keycaps from Glorious, but they are cherry profile. I’ve heard and seen that cherry profile keycaps interfere with the switch housing on north facing boards (row 2 I think) and was wondering if since the Boba U4T Switches don’t sit flush with the housing when bottomed out, do they still interfere? I heard from a source somewhere on YouTube that they don’t, but I’m not entirely sure. I want to be certain, as for this hobby is an expensive one, and I’m not exactly made of money. Thanks in advance for anyone who answers.
Have a great day!
NotSusKeebs

1 Like

I believe you’re correct about that; there shouldn’t be any housing interference with GMK caps and U4Ts because of the higher bottom-out. If no one confirms conclusively by the time I’m home later tonight I’ll be glad to.

1 Like

okay, thank you so much. i wasn’t certain, but now i’m pretty sure they will work. thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let us know when you’ve tried. :grin:

1 Like

Even if they do, don’t be too worried about it, you can always add a little washer and that will solve the problem for you. Here is a handy video, I hope it helps.

3 Likes