Do you press 🅱️ with your left or right index finger?

• Left Index
  • Right Index
  • :b:oth
  • Some other finger??? Elaborate in the comments!

0 voters

I’ve been typing on an Alice layout board for a while and I wasn’t sure which :b: key I would use before I started so I mapped both to B, it turns out I mostly use my left index, although I’ll occasionally throw that right index hit in there. I’m curious as to what you guys do. I think the left index is the traditionally “correct” finger for B? Maybe later I’ll do a poll for shift, I only use right shift, which I know is different from a lot of people.

2 Likes

I was AFK when I read this, and literally didn’t know until I spelled out something that started with :b: and looked to see which finger twitched.

I doubt I’m the only one.

2 Likes

I’ve never really thought too hard about it but I’m fairly sure I use my right index finger most of the time. Both feel fairly natural but I don’t strictly go by the whole “this key must be pressed with this finger” thing.

Right Hand, but I’m right handed, so I wonder if that comes in to play…

Edit: I’m starting to think, that that I switch hit… because I just used my left hand…I don;t think i’m going to be able to get this out of my head any time soon, and it’s going to bug me all day… all B’s were just typed with my left hand… …

1 Like

I’m right handed and use my left

1 Like

I’m now using my left finger… This is going to bug me all day…

I think I used my right finger initially, because I was thinking to much about it and my right hand dominance kicked in.

1 Like

The extra b is only there in Alice layout for aesthetics. It’s a nice function key. People who type B in the right hand are weirdos. WEIRDOS, you hear me!!!

B + H is (H)ome
B + N is e(N)d

One-handed navigation blocks are essential to my internets

2 Likes

Sort of agreed, I think it would be a nice function key, but I have coworkers that don’t like to use my computer because of non-standard layout keyboards + trackball, so I just mapped both of them to :b: to make it easier for other people to use

1 Like

I’m typing the B key always with the left finger and I’m left handed.

1 Like

80% of the time B is done with my left, but it really depends on where i was on the board before!

1 Like

I use my righthand because my lefthand already has too high of a workload on the QWERTY layout. I naturally press the spacebar with my righthumb for similar reasons. In trying to make my Minivan usable in games I’ve mapped spacebar to left and have had one hell of a time trying to get used to it and unfortunately my hand always feels fatigued when doing any serious typing/typingtests.

I’m thinking about moving shift to leftbar, right for space, and using the shiftkey as a layer to access number/symbol layer.

Oddly, I’ve never used rightshift, not once. Probably because it is .75u further away from homerow than leftshift.

1 Like

Guess I’m a weirdo then (no surprise there LOL!) cause I hit B with my right hand a good 75% of the time. I voted for both though cause I will use my left hand to hit B sometimes.

2 Likes

Reported. Weirdo

5 Likes

Left index like a Regular human being!

4 Likes

Left because I don’t need to pretend I’m a human being.

3 Likes

I use my left index just like Mavis taught me

3 Likes

Left. I’m actually a monster but I try to fit in.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

This really depends on what the next letter is.

Typically type b with my forehead. Other letters are just collateral characters.

5 Likes