Doubts of the Undecided

Facing a difficult buying decision?
Having a dilemma about tasteful colour combinations?
Being agnostic about what switch to use?
Were you born without a personal preference?

As long as there is more than one option to choose from, then this thread is for you!
Let others chime in with their biased arguments and help you decide what you should go for.

Please, create a poll by clicking on the cog wheel in the editor.

4 Likes

Hypothetically, let’s say I’m interested in a keyboard that will make my desk looks like it belongs somewhere in the early Space Race…

A.)

Should I go for something that will fit in the lander module?

B.)

Or something that will consume half the real estate at base command?

10 Likes

I’d only vote (B) if you have the appropriate desk space :joy:

4 Likes

B for sure. :laughing:

2 Likes

KISS principle left me exposed to the (A) viral strain.

2 Likes

Catch 22: There were no keyboards at Houston Mission Control during the Gemini era :rocket: ; only Blinkenleuchte push buttons. Anyhow, I like option A more.

3 Likes

Remember: One can create polls over here by clicking the cog wheel in the editor.

• Option A: Saturn-60 !MOQ REACHED!
  • Option B: Hyper7 R4 - 173% Keyboard
0 voters
4 Likes

So, practically speaking, the Saturn-60 is fantastic and I’d love to own it. However, it doesn’t have arrow keys and I’m a bit dependent on those even though I’m well aware of the ability to assign those to a layer.

Now, as far as bombastic goes nothing even comes close to the Hyper7 and thus I would personally prefer that one because… well… look at it!

2 Likes

Hyper 7 all the way! I’d build a desk to house that beast if I needed too! :laughing: :+1:

2 Likes

go big or go home. hyper7 ec tho :smile_cat:

1 Like

Have you noticed? The Hyper 7 does not feature a CapsLock key. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Saturn is closed, so you missed that window

OOH, he just reopened it for a bit. If you wanna order a Saturn. It seems the majority here are for the Hyper 7, but I have a R1 Saturn and I adore it.

My R1 board is beige with a black bottom and black hardware. This time I went with all raw stainless in HHKB layout.

2 Likes

I debate endlessly on which functions I should map to each key, so the Hyper 7 would be some sort of fresh hell for me. Like, what do you do with that many keys?

2 Likes

I can think of people who could use that many keys and I am simply not one of them. However, that does not prevent the impulsive, irrational side of me from overwhelming my ability to think by repeating, “but lookit all dem buttons!”

1 Like

I have this dilemma and I decided the Hyper 7 is the way to go. Disclosure: I already have a Saturn and love it but come on. The ridiculous factor is enough.

2 Likes

The Hyper 7 truly is a magnificently rotund feat of substantially girth-tastic engineering and I am certainly enraptured by its sheer number of switches. I think if I were to partake in the realm of desk-consuming, mouse-displacing and downright comprehensiveness of the >100% input devices I would lean toward the 122-key buckley sproing with a solenoid cause those puppies got a bark to match their bite. Though come to think of it, a Hyper 7 with a solenoid and the $300 worth of clickiez it would take to fill it would sound like a small army of robots cracking their knuckles. Beautiful.

2 Likes

Only go for Hyper7 if you got the keycaps for it.

3 Likes

They said they’re doing another round of Space Cadet to match, so at least sourcing caps won’t be hard. Just a very expensive package overall.

Is the plan to have Keyreative do another KAT run of Space Cadet (I think the queue is *ahem* thinning out for KAT) or go with another manu?