Drop Keycap Club

yeah, isn’t it they usually sell at a lower/discounted price at the start and get more expensive/closer and closer to list price, the closer it gets to fulfilment?

3 Likes

Ok, I swore my BoW set cost me $100 but I can’t remember for sure. I thought $85 was a little bump down from what they’ve been selling them at.

1 Like

Almost all their full MT3 base kits are still ~$110

1 Like

You’re right about the WoB and BoW kits; I don’t think those had a ‘preorder’ phase. They were released at full price and in stock, though there has been coupons since that dropped it sub-$100.

Something else to note though is that the BoW/WoB kits have the numpad kit included. A lot of the newer colored sets (like the referenced Skiidata set) do not. I didn’t realize it till now, but if you can catch the BoW or WoB kits on sale, they’re a surprisingly good deal.

1 Like

It’s not about the Keycap Club, but Drop has a bunch of MT3 sets on sale for BOGO right now.

1 Like

Looks like there was a good exchange of feedback, and the consequential new changes make DKC a lot more appealing (and addresses communication around the $100 minimum @Deadeye, as you might have seen):

• applies to all keyboard products now, not just keycaps
  • “…the coupon is being converted to a percent off the first $100 with no cart minimum. This means if you rolled a $30 coupon, then you can take 30% off your cart for the first $100 and $30 off after that.”
6 Likes

:partying_face:

I was just coming here to post that. It was already appealing to me- now it’s even more so.

One other thing worth mentioning if you’re without a GMK WoB

DKC Exclusive

Lastly, we’ll be offering our first exclusive sale to all DKC members with the GMK WOB keycap set. This set sold a lot more units than we anticipated and we won’t have many to offer in store like we usually do. In order to give everyone here the best chance to get a set we have put aside 80 units to be available as in-stock for the first 80 members who get them. Be sure to keep an eye out on your email in early December to find out more details about placing an order.

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy with the change. The saturation point for keycaps happens faster than even I thought, and it’s even faster if you prefer high-profile caps (i.e. MT3, SA, etc).

In somewhat interesting news, I see they’re again carrying Melgeek products. I’m pretty sure it was only earlier this year they said they wouldn’t work with them again after the “Plastic” keycap fiasco.

2 Likes

I think I missed that - I remember Melgeek’s “Plastic” keyset / keeb kit (which I incidentally love the aesthetics of), but what happened between them and Drop with that?

MiTo’s DCP Banana and Keysterine caps should arrive there soon

Well, I think the high-level story was that it ended up being delivered far later than they planned and the communication from Melgeek was lousy. At one point I had the email from them about it, but it’s long since been binned.

I had no complaints myself because I just kind of stumbled into the extras sale and was able to get a set straight away. Which probably didn’t amuse folks who had been waiting for so long.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 12.54.22 PM

Well this month was def worth it for me. :3

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 1.03.19 PM

The BOGO sale going on right now is a great deal - two MT3 sets for $110 - but still, I couldn’t quite justify it.

One set for six bucks, though? Well - to quote their own email CTA:

LET’S GOOOOOO

12 Likes

Wow! So it does exist, lol. Congrats!

2 Likes