[EU-DK] [H] FLEX BUILD: burger-mounted air-force-blue Tofu build w/ dz60 pcb, brass plate, UHMPWE R1 stems in Cherry Housing (65g weight, filmed, lubed with 205/105), C3 R2 stabs, foam [W] PayPal, MobilePay

This is copypasted from my r/mm post, hence the outdated time stamps. I figured it can’t hurt to offer the board here as well. Will provide more pictures if need be, of course. Sending internationally in the spirit of moving this board to its rightful next owner.

[let’s do the time warp]

To whom it may concern,

I’m entertaining the thought of letting go of my decked out Tofu to make room for smaller, less useful keyboards. It’s built up with a Tsangan bottom row (1.5-1-1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5), split right shift, and split backspace. There’s case foam under the pcb and some more foam that I cut to fill the battery void, there’s also strips of foam sandwiched between plate and pcb.

The entire pcb/plate assembly is isolated from the case by using some pvc washers, and the middle two standoffs have been dremeled off. This results in a very contained sound without any metallic reverb on the one hand, and a decent amount of flex on the other hand.

The soldered switches are assembled from cherry housings cherry-picked (ha!) for their smoothness, UHMPWE stems of the modern vintage R1 V3 (lubed with 205), TX springs with a 65g weight (I estimate, forgot which one’s exactly I put in; lubed with 105), TX films. No ping or scratch whatsoever, tasty signature Cherry sound, ultra-smooth. It’s got C3 stabs from the second round, with improved tolerances to keep warped keys from binding.

The universal brass plate itself is a bit scuffed and had been cut to accommodate in-line arrow keys in the bottom row by the guy that sold it to me. The pcb is a DZ60 V2, nothing special.

The case itself is a beautiful Air Force Blue color and looks pristine. It’ll all be packed securely in the beat-up but original box the board came in. GMK WoB is not included!!* If you’re in the market for a mid-range 60% board then this is pretty much the best a Tofu can sound and feel like.

I’m tentatively asking for 180EUR plus shipping but I like a good OBO ngl

I’d rather keep it EU-local, but am happy to try and figure out international shipping with you. Best wishes,

𝓣𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓤𝓷𝓭𝓣𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓯 aka 𝓰𝓰𝓰𝓰𝓰𝓰𝓰

PS: post before pm, don’t hesitate to ask for more pictures or more in-depth explanation. Please don’t use the chat, doesn’t work on mobile.
PPS*: no really, they aren’t for sale. Probably.

4 Likes

Wow. That is a lot of flex.

Can you share some details on the PVC washers? Was the original screws long enough? If not, where did you find screws long enough? I tried making some out of Sorbothane but was too squish.

They’re these exact pvc washers from keys.my. I’m not sure of the hardness, my totally uneducated guess would put it at maybe 50? They’re softer than the 70 shore duro gasket I have lying around.

I’ve also experimented with other random pieces of rubber and ill-fitting o-rings before but this is by far the result that feels the most right.

Oh yeah, and I did also get m2x6 screws because that’s the longest screws keys.my carry, and I’m not sure 5mm ones would’ve cut it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the details. Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes