Fun Between your Legs! (Cycling Thread)

Back break single speed. I’m not hipster enough for a fixie.

Had a great day.

And maybe my next project

1 Like

I think those are cool bikes but I can’t really tell from the pictures.

Mondraker dusk R
We have rented them for a day.
They are assisted ebikes. Made the trip more enjoyable, especially for the Mrs.

1 Like

Gravel is so much fun. I haven’t been out touring much lately and have pretty much turned my touring bike into a gravel bike

road

Catrike Road (older hardtail version)

Mine’s bright green, but otherwise identical.

I got it from Easy-Chair Bikes in Chattanooga, TN; this really nice old guy runs it out of his garage, which he converted into legit inventory storage. He’s really passionate about it and isn’t afraid to give you a good deal to see you go home with a smile machine.

He keeps on-hand a variety of curious rides for Contraption Captains such as myself. Here’s the pointed-bullets about mine:

• Tension shifters as the good lord intended, praise be to the Holy Waterford

• Ye Olde Shimano 9 speed / compatible drive-train; Deore LX in the back, generic rando mech in the front

• Truvativ crank with outboard bearings

• So much chain that currently needs replacing :money_with_wings:

• Somewhere between piloting a space-jet and a toy tractor; it’s way fun even going slow, and feels way faster than it is

3 Likes

I ordered an all city super professional frameset from my LBS today. I’ve been commuting on (some slight iterations of) the same fixed gear for like eight years, decided it was time for an upgrade.

3 Likes

Yay, another trike and/or recumbent fan! :smiley:

Don’t have a trike yet, but was often enough thinking about one. Steintrikes from Austria/Slovenia are so far my favourite.

I do have a short wheelbase recumbent, though, a Radius Hornet I from the 2000s in black/yellow (as it belongs to a hornet :wink:), but its high pedals are very bad to start going on a steep street. So I have it at my parents on the countryside. Didn’t do much riding on it since then, though. :frowning:

A recumbent trike would be a real nice way to commute in a hilly city (I don’t fear the traffic so far, as I’m —eh— was commuting mostly outside the rush hour and on back roads), but unfortunately I have no idea where I should put it at the office. There’s underground garage for cars and a bicycle garage with a normal sized door. :-/ But since we’re moving with the office, things might change anyway. Then again, there’s not much space left in my garage at home either…

And thanks for that link!

1 Like

What bag is that? it looks particularly waterproof!

The bullmooose bars look so good on your build. Have you used the triangle as a cup holder yet??

1 Like

Haha yeah I put coffee in there once or twice, I put my U lock in there usually though lol

@dwarflemur sent me here so I could flex a lil bit :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I’ve built all these bikes on my own, from sophomore to senior year. I’ve, sadly, been out of it, but I want to get back into it. These are some, and I miss em :sob:

Never got a pic of it finished, but this was my carbon Wilier, and the only roadie I built because fixed gear just feels better in my opinion. I think the “peripherals” were Shimano 105s. Nothing nice, just wanted a low-tier starter to see if I liked it. Oh, and I copped the frame from ebay thinking it was someone not knowing what they had. I think I got it for $120.

This was my pride and joy, but I sold it because I rode like a maniac so it got all scratched up by the end :frowning_face:. It was a 52cm Tsuruoka Bomber Pro NJS with a Nitto 90 and Nitto B123s, authentic Selle San Marco Concor Seat, and some random wheels and drive train but, my legs were comfy uphill at 52t x 16t which made my thighs absolute monsters for a lil bit.

I always liked horns better and the chinese trispoke didn’t fail to impress. Whatever hub it had, it was as smooth as Suzue ProMax’s

I don’t have a picture of my current setup but here’s a picture of my dumb bike club back in high school. (edit) I also built that bike lol

5 Likes

Holy shit dude you musta been lookin like chun li

2 Likes

Kick ass dude!

1 Like

I was chun li’s DAD

since out the womb :sunglasses:

I got my all city super professional all put together today! It’s awesome!

Specs:

• all city super professional frame and fork
  • Paul Components hubs w/ to Velo Orange Voyager rims
  • Panaracer Gravel King tires
  • SRAM omnium cranks
  • Sugino “zen messenger” 43t chainring
  • Blue Lug pedals
  • 18t surly fixed cog
  • Velo Orange stem
  • Nitto Shred bars
  • Yoshida Champ track grips
  • PDW takeout basket
  • PNW Rainier dropper post
9 Likes

The Brooks Cambium seats are :ok_hand:

1 Like

I had the biggest “bruh” moment the other day. Got a new BB/crankset in and was excited to change it out. Then it hit me. Sometime during the big summer garage cleaning. Someone threw away my box of bike tools :upside_down_face:

Time to start over on the tools I need; but at least this time I can keep them organized lol

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed: dang dude that sucks! I would be so sad…

What cranks did you get?