[GB] After-school 1992: Keyboard Action Playset for Adults šŸ¤™

I donā€™t know off the top of my head, so if anybody here can answer faster thatā€™d be appreciated, but I have both sets soā€¦ I can probably check later today.

2 Likes

Sorry for the long response here!

Got a couple photos for you to help compare: (left is always After School, right is always Vaporwave)

The light in this room is a bit warm, so it may be a bit tough to see, but the Vaporwave purple is just a bit warmer than the After School purple (but pretty close). Thereā€™s some difference to the sculpt of the bar, obviously, but I think the color would still look fineā€”not perfect, but closeā€”on a board.

4 Likes

Thank you, your photos were very helpful, I will try to get Vaporwave space bars.

1 Like

Wow. Iā€™m surprised how close these colors are. I just used one of the only SP house colors for purple. Iā€™m surprised that a GMK color would work out so close. Very cool!

1 Like

Was stoked to see this set back in stock with standard-scoop F+J but sad to see the extensions kit isnā€™t broken out. Guess Iā€™ll continue waiting for OLKB to put their washers back in stock. Or maybe I just need to throw these caps on a different board.

Wife found her NKOTB stuff

13 Likes

looks like itā€™s in great condition!

No idea who needs to hear this but Jonathan does farmhouse restorations now and has his own HGTV show (Jordan helps sometimes)

5 Likes

Canā€™t wait for DSS After-school 1992 40s! This set looks so great.

DSS looks amazing, but honestly, whatā€™s it like to type on?

I tried DSA on a full-size, and it was no-go. Not enough row information / sculpting because of the uniform profile.

I like DCS though. How easy could one go from DCS to DSS?

I like it quite a bit. It has texture and the keys grip the finger from the bottom of the key (like a shallower, less tall MT3 maybe?). It feels pretty comfortable to type on for long periods of time.

I donā€™t have DCS, but I can easily switch between GMK, DSS, and whatever the HHKB profile is without much adjustment.

1 Like

It sounds like it has the texture of SP DSA [which is expected], which I actually like and even feels alright on MX Browns.

A shallower MT3 would be great. Maybe I should buy a set. Now I have to decide between Late Harvest and Carpinteria.

1 Like

It really depends if you like light or dark keycaps.
I personnally went with Late Harvest because of the HUGE base kit with 40s compatibility.

Compatibility is a huge issue for me as well, because of boards I have [board color], and Iā€™m leaning towards Late Harvest as well.

I already have Honeywell, which mitigates against Late Harvest. But it would probably look good on a gray HMKB which I have coming, and it will look good on my polycarb KBD8X, and it will look good on my Leopolds. I wonder how it will look on the upcoming green IKKI68 Aurora

It might look like Honeywell as seen in the second segment:

[so Iā€™d need the ā€˜gray keycapsā€™ kit]

Carpinteria looks amazing, but Iā€™ll need 2-3 extra kits with it, and it doesnā€™t fit its surroundings here.

So despite already owning Honeywell and having issues with how stark and distracting it is, I might go for Late Harvest!

1 Like

After many an email request, I decided to bring this set back in DSA. Itā€™s up and available as of today, until the spots sell out.

5 Likes

I just found the Norbauer store email today. It was in my spam folder for some reason :frowning:

Iā€™m always glad to see more DSA sets. Speaking ofā€¦ did you receive the Palm Desert sets yet from SP?

Me too

Yeah, I dunno what the deal is with Klaviyo (my newsletter email provider) lately. Iā€™m probably going to switch to something else soon. They are expensive and have increasingly poor deliverability, apparently. =\

Yup! I believe theyā€™re shipping this week.

2 Likes

On Tiffany board

6 Likes