[GB] After-school 1992: Keyboard Action Playset for Adults šŸ¤™

Got my shipping info today! Canā€™t wait to see these on my VHS finish Norbaforce.

2 Likes

I got my shipping too, big hype!!

2 Likes

The nice thing about living near @norbauer is I get stuff the day after he ships it, itā€™s here and itā€™s lit. I gotta say, getting the prototype set made and using that for the marketing/sales stuff was awesome imo, this looks exactly like the pictures did, which is fantastic!

14 Likes

Saw these switches on AliExpress and wondered if they were made for this set. Colors seems to be the same theme, although not a perfect match: https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYjIG12

2 Likes

if a round 2 of this ever comes around Iā€™d like to see some cool short spacebars added to comparability or base for Alice and Arisu layouts :slight_smile:

Got my package today. Love the extra goodies! No spoilers :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Set arrived yesterday, really gorgeous. Was not expecting so much texture on them but itā€™s welcome. I saw a random reddit comment the other day about the Right Shift and Enter having a slightly smoother surface and mine are indeed like that as well, but not something Iā€™d ever have noticed if not looking for it. Canā€™t wait to put these on a VHS-finish ā€œModel MX.ā€ They might have a temporary home on my Ghost edition Norbaforce if it gets here before /dev/tty.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Any chance to grab an extra set of the Enthusiast Compatibility Keys? Got a Rama U80-A which needs the 7U spacebarā€¦

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m totally cleaned out of them. Only a few TKL sets remain.

Thanks! Guess Iā€™ll order another TKL keyboard nowā€¦

1 Like

@voidmain Iā€™m never going to use my 7u. In fact I probably shouldnā€™t have gone for the enthusiast kit at all since these caps will be staying on TKLs. Message me and Iā€™ll ship it to you if in the USA.

3 Likes

On the Norbaforce Mark II: Ghost-of-Christmas-Future Edition (with Realforce RGB):

18 Likes

Oh man, this is exactly what Iā€™m putting together too. That is so pretty.

So I didnā€™t have enough foresight to get the enthusiast keys and now I am missing the 1.75U shift for a future build I have planned. Anyone have one they would be willing to part with?

Finally built my Norbaforce with the After-school keycaps. They are every bit as nice as I imagined, great colors, legends and texture. My only disappointment is that the scooped F and J interfere on bottom out with these Realforce RGB Topre switches, and there were no standard-scoop alternatives provided.

You can use some of the washers for LED north facing switches to keep it from interfering. I never even noticed it until you posted here. Mine only clacks if I press on the bottom edge of the cap.

Althoughā€¦ I donā€™t see any in stock anywhere. Hmmā€¦ Iā€™m sure you could make somethign out of cardstock with a hole punch.

1 Like

Not a very crafty person but Iā€™ll keep an eye out for someone putting those washers back in stock I guess.

Went all out on modding the Realforce when I put it in the Norbaforce - lubed the stabs (though lubing the RGB clip-on stabs is such a pain since you canā€™t disassemble them), lubed the switch rails, lubed the PCB at the springs, Unreal gasketed, Deskeys silencing rings. And then two keys are clacking! Lol. Also need to do a little more stab tuning. The right side of the spacebar really bothers me even though I lubed both sides exactly the same.

I tested and 2 washers removed the clack. Weird but my F key doesnā€™t do it, only the J. It does raise the key slightly.

Of course, if it bothered you too much you could add the washers to the entire row.

I take back the idea of using paper. It would be hard to craft and probably get jammed. Forgot the tolerances were so tight.

Also, it might sound silly, but another thing that worksā€¦ just donā€™t put the cap on all the way. If you donā€™t press it down hard when you install it, there is no clack :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing! I will probably do the whole row, yeah.

Wasnā€™t expected to see this again in the shop, bought one today. I want to use these keycaps on my hhkb but the 6u spacebar is missing, does anyone knows if the spacebar from GMK Vaporware is a good match?