[GB] Aluminum and polycarbonate IMK Corne/Helidox GB now live!

Looks like @network_operations hasn’t posted about it here, but I ordered 3 - one charcoal, one space gray, one custom red (pantone 485C).

2 Likes

How thick is the switch plate?

The integrated plate is 1.5mm thick. Which is the correct thickness to keep switches properly locked in place. Any thicker and switches will not click in properly.

1 Like

Any extras still available by chance? This one feels like the one that got away.

They’re going to sell extras! There’s a mailinglist you can sign up for at IMK Corne Case — KeyHive (scroll all the way to the bottom).

Not to rub it in, but the IMK case is my favorite group buy to date. These are fantastic, especially if you’re already acclimated to the Corne/Helidox layout. So if you can score one of the extras, you should absolutely do so.

1 Like

Yesss! Glad to hear they deliver. Def will hit that mailing list. Good looks

I saw this when I first started learning about keebs and didn’t get it. Now I’m kinda obsessed.

Anyone using a Corne (maybe in an IMK case) who can comment on the experience?

Also, how easy would it be to swap from a lo-pro setup into an IMK case whenever R2 happens?

With good reason, IMHO.

I’ve done a decent number of group buys at this point, for a variety of styles and shapes and sizes of keyboard; the IMK has been my favorite product so far. The typing feel is fantastic, and they’re as solid as you would expect considering each half is milled out of a single piece of aluminum. Plus the IMK case solves a problem I had with the plate cases. I type a lot, and apparently I type too hard; it was enough to cause the PCB to start to separate from the switches, as you can see in this photo.

I have not run into this problem with the IMK cases. At all.

Round 2 is up! IMK Corne GB round 2

As far as “lo-pro setup” - do you mean swapping from a plate case into an IMK? As long as you’ve got hot-swap sockets in the plate case, it should be easy. (That’s how I did one of mine.) If you mean low-profile switches… apparently they work, “yes, but not great”.

1 Like