[GB] Drop: T0mb3ry SA Yuri

3 Likes

Interesting… but perhaps a little too loud. I think that SA has a lot of personality and boldness that GMK does not, and while it fits some sets wonderfully (Troubled Minds, Godspeed R1, Leviathan, Pulse, Kobyashi), I’m not sold on this one. I feel similarly in regards to this as I do to Laser. It’s the same colorway, yes, but the boldness of SA doesn’t really fit the already bold sets.

Part of the appeal for colorful and bold GMK sets is making the bodacious feel professional, to me - it’s why a colorway like, say, Terminal, works so well on GMK but wouldn’t work as well on SA.

EDIT #2 (edit 1 was sneaky): Woah. Actually, ALPS DCS? That’s good. That’s real good. I don’t even use ALPS and have no plan to because they’re such needy switches, but we need that to hit MOQ.

2 Likes

That’s fair. It won’t be for everyone. I also didn’t like SA Laser but I do like the dark navy of this kit. I picked up the lighter alphas, the navy alphas, modifiers, numpad, and spacekeys but I think I’ll have to scale back a bit. The price of this kit isn’t amazing either but it’s not terrible.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s SA. SA has always been and will always be pricey, even through Maxkey. I think for such a wildly different set, the price is fair enough, and if it price drops based on MOQ it’ll be fairer. While I am thoroughly unimpressed by the alphas, I think the rest of it is pretty nice, and it’ll make a nice set when it’s in peoples hands come December 2073.

1 Like

GMK Yuri quietly has become maybe my favorite keyset, and maybe it’s just because I don’t like SA nearly as much, but I’m not sure this works. I’ve been wanting to do an alps build for a while though, so that DCS kit is real interesting…

2 Likes

I never really liked Yuri to begin with but even I know how significant it is to get a major colorway into DCS ALPS.

MiTo, you know what to do…

1 Like

Hell yeah love the enthusiasm @Lesbian, just put my order for the DCS set in! Seriously order a set though if you can. If this makes MOQ I have a feeling this will be a set that skyrockets in value in the aftermarket. Especially a few yrs. down the road, just look at how much some sets of DCS Alpine Winter have sold for recently & that has only 60% compatibility!

Also I agree with you that the Yuri colorway doesn’t translate well to SA. Especially since there is not dual legend alphas, like the GMK set. I think you are on to something with SA being such a bold profile it’s takes better to understated colorways than bold ones.

1 Like

Like I said to @Lesbian, just grab a DCS Yuri set regardless if you can. Best case you got a banging custom set for your custom ALPS build. Worst case you can double or triple your money on the aftermarket a yr or so down the road, as I see this making MOQ but probably not any breaks. Which will make it highly sought after later down the line.

2 Likes

Flipping may not be in my future.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a pricey one, just was saying it wouldn’t be a pointless purchase if you were to grab a set. I’m not a huge fan of flipping stuff for a profit, but if it’s a rare item & you’re not gouging for it. There’s nothing wrong with selling it for what people are willing to pay.

2 Likes

Oh damn that’s a lot of dollars

2 Likes

I hope it reaches the 200 MOQ mark then the price will drop significantly down to 130$.

6 Likes

Me as well bud, that’s why I’ve been trying to convince anyone on the fence to grab a set of the DCS ALPS mount Yuri. Although even if it doesn’t hit any price breaks you can count on me staying in for sure! I’ve been dying to see more custom ALPS mount sets, regardless of the cap profile! Also thanks for throwing us ALPS lovers a bone with this set, it is much appreciated!

2 Likes

Alps is great, I won’t deny it, but it’s dead, dead like a body in the water. I love Alps. Still dead. RIP. What this hobby needs desperately is a good Topre to MX stem.

I’m old and cranky. I sit on my front porch with a beer and a Smith and Wesson revolver. Although, not really, I’m not averse to good revolvers, but my neighborhood is cool, and I know the folks I live in proximity with. But if it came down to it, I’d pick a stainless steel six shot, stable as fuck over anything fancy. In case of Zombies

I digress. As usual.

1 Like

I should probably look into this.

A good revolver made well is a classic that shoots well at a hundred yards. That plus a shotgun is all anyone could ever need. America + etc. worse comes to worse, I have a nine-pound keyboard.

Fuck the undead.

1 Like

:joy:

Okay I did it

1 Like