[GB] GMK Monochrome

What’s up everybody?!

We have the pleasure to announce that GMK Monohrome is live!

Where to go?

Stop throwing money at the screen, that won’t help! Here is where to go if you want to buy the set:

Latest numbers:

• Base Kit - 150+
  • Extras Kit - We need to reach at least 75 orders, we are not far but a little more help would be appreciated!
  • Rama - 128/50

| Kit | Vendors | MOQ 150 | MOQ 250 | MOQ 500
|:-----------|:------------:|:------------:|:------------:|:------------:|:------------:|:------------:expressionless:
| Core kit | MyKeyboard | 125€ | 121€ | 116€
| | Kono | $144.99 | TBD | TBD
| | zFrontier | $155 | $145 | $135
| Compatibility kit | MyKeyboard | 36€ | 34€ | 32€
| | Kono | $44.99 | TBD | TBD
| | zFrontier | $45 | $41 | $37

#Kits

In case you did not follow the GH/KT IC, here are the two kits that are up for sale:

Giveaway & Raffle

The original plan was to raffle the Alpha Keycaps Jedi Blink between GB participants, unfortunately this proves to be a bit tricky due to the personal data protection laws. So, here is what is going to happen:

• Kono is going to organize a giveaway in which you can win 1 Core kit, 1 Extra Kit and 1 Jedi Blinker. If you want to learn more, head over to Kono Store Giveaways!! The Giveaway will be opened for 2 weeks!

• We are holding a raffle (form will open in roughly 2 hours) for the monochrome Jedi Blinker. The form will stay open for 24h to give everyone the opportunity to join. Invoice will go out on as soon as possible, but I work full time so this might take up to 12h before the 10 invoices go out (all invoices will go out at once). After that, you will have 24h to pay. If there is a problem, please let me know as soon as possible. Should your invoice not be paid after those 24h, I will cancel it and the artisan will be reraffled. Head over to the Google form for a chance to win :slight_smile:

• RAMA is offering is iconing X and O caps in two variants.

• Plain Black ano: X | O
    • Laser etched: X | O

Those RAMA keycaps can be bought by anyone, whether you take part in the keyset GB or not, and you can get as many as you want!

Leadtime

• 09/01/18 Start throwing money at the screen

• 10/15/18 Stop throwing money at the screen (and raffle of the Monochrome Jedi Blinker V2)

• 10/19/18 All proxy pay GMK and we complete the order

• January/February 2019 - GMK starts shipping keysets to each vendor

Thanks for all your support and we really hope you will enjoy the keyset as much as we will!

5 Likes

whats the MOQ on the compat kit? Trying to assess its likelihood of making it :slight_smile:

1 Like

MOQ is 150 BUT if we even get close, I know they will lower that MOQ for us. I’m still in talks with GMK to see what MOQ we have to reach :slight_smile: I’ll be getting it myself, so that’s at least 1 confirmed purchase haha

1 Like

If I decide to go for this, I’ll definitely be getting a compat kit as well.

The pricing on the Rama caps for EU is just sad :frowning:

Totally with you on that one, unfortunately that is what taxes will do to a price :frowning:

Hey just FYI Kono is live

1 Like

Purchased. Super excited for this!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your support!

Info about price drops added to the OP :slight_smile:

Hey everyone!
We got some numbers on how the set is doing so far.

Numbers as of September 4:

• Base Kit - 39/150
  • Extras Kit - 12/150
  • Rama X and O Caps (Both Laser Etched and Not) - 35/50

The Group buy is live until the end of September but we could really use your help in pushing the set through! Thanks for the support so far! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m so in for this!

1 Like

I sat refreshing and waiting for this set to drop, super excited for it! Can finally match my keyboard with all of my other monochromed goodness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the support!

Please make sure to share pictures when you put it on your board!!

Thanks for the support, it means the world to us!

1 Like

What’s up everyone!

Here is a quick update on the Monochrome sale as of today:

• Base Kit - 58/150

• Extras Kit - 20/150 (I’m currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ of this kit)

• Rama - 55/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)

Could things have gone better? For sure, but they could have been far worse too! We are at a little over a third of the MOQ in a little over a third of the GB time :slight_smile: The Group buy is live until the end of September and I KNOW you want a monochrome set in your live :sunglasses:

Also, every GB participant gets one ticket for this gorgeous Jedi Blinker v1.2.

MORE INFO:

Geekhack

Keebtalk

Want to grab a set?

Head over to:

• Kono.store if you live in the US or Canada;

• Mykeyboard for folks in Europe (I know you’re out there!); and

• zFrontier’s Global Site for the rest of the world (or zFrontier if you’re in China)!

1 Like

how’s the numbers lookin like? 2/3’s into september and i’m hoping we’re at atleast 100

2 Likes

What’s up everyone!

Here is a quick update as we are at the 2/3 mark:

• Base Kit - 79/150

• Extras Kit - 26/150100 (I’m currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ even more)

• Rama - 71/50 (MOQ hit! this will be produced no matter what)

Want to grab a set?

Head over to:

• Kono.store if you live in the US or Canada;

• Mykeyboard for folks in Europe (I know you’re out there!); and

• zFrontier’s Global Site for the rest of the world (or zFrontier if you’re in China)!

1 Like

As some of you may have seen, we are extending the GB period for a couple of weeks to try and hit MOQ.

Here are the latest sale number we have:

(October 1st, 2018) - Might not be the exact final numbers as Kono might need to update us once more, but I assume this is pretty close.

• Base Kit - 92/150
  • Extras Kit - 32/150100 (I’m currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ even more)
  • Rama - 92/50

Alright, with that out of the way, I wanted to thank everyone that joined the GB and thanks to all of those who will join the GB and make this happen!

1 Like

Nono slider by Keebwerk (@keebwerk on IG)

Here is a quick update with the last numbers from Kono:

• Base Kit - 102/150
  • Extras Kit - 34/100 (I’m currently talking to GMK to see if we can lower the MOQ even more)
  • Rama - 104/50

We are extending the GB till October 15! Join in and let’s make this happen!

2 Likes

Update

Here are the latest numbers

• Base Kit - 150+ (we did it!)
  • Extras Kit - We need to reach at least 75 orders, we are not far but a little more help would be appreciated!
  • Rama - 128/50

Giveaway & Raffle

The original plan was to raffle the Alpha Keycaps Jedi Blink between GB participants, unfortunately this proves to be a bit tricky due to the personal data protection laws. So, here is what is going to happen:

• Kono is going to organize a giveaway in which you can win 1 Core kit, 1 Extra Kit and 1 Jedi Blinker. If you want to learn more, head over to Kono Store Giveaways!! The Giveaway will be opened for 2 weeks!

• We are holding a raffle (form will open in roughly 2 hours) for the monochrome Jedi Blinker. The form will stay open for 24h to give everyone the opportunity to join. Invoice will go out on as soon as possible, but I work full time so this might take up to 12h before the 10 invoices go out (all invoices will go out at once). After that, you will have 24h to pay. If there is a problem, please let me know as soon as possible. Should your invoice not be paid after those 24h, I will cancel it and the artisan will be reraffled. Head over to the Google form for a chance to win :slight_smile:

1 Like