[GB] GMK "Mr. Sleeves" Addon Kit

Thank you! <3

How close are we to MOQ?

We are currently at around 120/250. Vendors will be purchasing extras so hopefully we can hit MOQ in the next 2 days as a lot of people hold off buying until the last day!

Noooo! This has to happen. BUY, PEOPLE. BUY!

Please I need this in my life!!

Last day to join the set everyone!

I guess I should join today :smiley:

Are we nearing MOQ?

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Still working out some small details with GMK, but we have hit MOQ (thanks to zFrontier/Novelkeys purchasing a couple more extras)!

Looking to finalize and send the payment and then move forward with the color matching.

5 Likes

Nice!
I’m so happy this is happening. this update made my day. Thank you for running this group buy! <2

Any information on if Novelkeys will have extras for sale? I kind of missed out on this one by a week :frowning:

We will have extras. They won’t be for sale until the original GB orders ship.

2 Likes

BIG UPDATE!!!

For those who haven’t been catching my streams, we have received the first round of samples:

(unedited picture from iPhone XS Max camera)

While I had originally wanted to go for the U variant of these colors, I actually really like the more muted way these C colors came out. As you can see from the picture, the color matching isn’t 100% but it is very darn close. I think moving forward, I will decide to stick to the C colors. I will take some time to decide on what I want changed with these current samples and am open to suggestion as well. I just received these Pantone chips today at work, so will be providing more/better pictures later tonight!

3 Likes

First look with GMK 9009!

Not going to lie and say my color balance is accurate but it is not too far off in my opinion! I will be bringing these to the Norcal meetup this Saturday and let you guys see it for yourself/have a live poll to see if you guys are satisfied with the colors. This will delay moving forward obviously but I thought given how big the Norcal meetup will be, itd be a great opportunity for people to see it in person early.

4 Likes

Sorry if this has been answered already. Will there be extras?

There will be!

1 Like

Wanted to preface by saying, sorry for the late update since the Norcal Meetup. I was out all week for Thanksgiving and life has been busy. Hopefully those of you guys who had a chance to look at the samples at the Norcal Meetup liked the colorway in person!

As per the suggestion of Oblotzy (thank you so much for the critique), I will for now be rejecting this round of samples and going for a second round. I think the initial colors actually work very well together and could honestly be accepted as is. After getting feedback from Oblotzy we both agreed that the blue came out a bit grey and that it could use a bit more pop. The color that I chose as the “pink” initially, as well as the sample, is extremely close to the pink of GMK Olivia. While it does go nicely with the pastel blue, I would like the “pink” to have a bit more peachy tone.

We have also decided to switch to the RAL system as many experienced keyset designers have stated that GMK can color match much better to RAL. With the help of mgsickler of Novelkeys, I was able to borrow his RAL book and have decided to request a second round of samples with the following colors:

Nature Apricot: 040 80 30
Velvet Blue: 250 80 20

The Esc key is from GMK Olivia for reference

7 Likes

Yes

Any updates?

We received a follow up blue sample, but we have not received the peach colored one yet. I have sent an email to GMK following up with that.