[GB] GMK Shoko

Well I’m gonna keep it short: GMK Shoko has started and you can grab it at Kono right now (proxies will go live sooner or later) and the group buy will end at December 17, 2018 and the estimate on when they arrive at the warehouse will be June 2019 (at least for Kono). I will also keep you updated when color samples comes in… and pray that the samples are spot on with the colors and that there will be no delays.

Also thanks everyone who is joining this and the support, as much as I was kinda in the dark a lot of that time, I hope you stay supportive and hopefully we can hit MOQ (which is 250 for the base kit btw and 150 for the add-ons)!

UPDATES:
NONE AT THE MOMENT

Group buy link/proxies:
Kono (NA): GMK Shoko Keycaps — Kono Store
ZFrontier (Asia): https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keysets/products/gmk-shoko
MyKeyboard (EU): https://mykeyboard.eu (will update group buy link later)
Daily Clack (Oceania): https://dailyclack.com/collections/keycaps/products/gmk-shoko

Base Kit

Add-On Kit

Spacebar Kit

Extra renders

6 Likes

sorry if you answered this before, but do you think the colors will look more like the gmk kit pictures or more like the renders? the alphas in the renders seem significantly brighter

I would like to say Janglad’s renders (first four), but that could just be my monitor as well, so take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like

nice, those i like the most :smiley:

The KonoStore add-on kit has a Keebtalk key (cute!), but the add-on kit above doesn’t. Which one is correct?

Thanks for catching that, that was an older render!

Also proxies will start later due to GMK pricing error, but good news is that the price will not go up, so I will keep updated hopefully on Monday about the proxies! Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Just hopped in the group buy! How’s the MOQ going?

I’d like to know too. MOQ reached? If not, Santa’s gonna have to make some last-minute adjustments…

Does the base kit include a 2u shift? I wish the keys were size labeled.

Using my highly-scientific method of holding a ruler up to the monitor, it appears that yes, there is a 2u shift—second row from the bottom, second from the left.

Thanks. I did try eyeballing it by bringing the image into Photoshop and superimposing two 1u keys over it. It does seem likely that the shifts in that row are 2.25u, 2u and 1.75u, but I want this for a specific board and it would be annoying to lack the one key I need to make it work, so I just wanted to check.

No prob. Other option is to compare it against the backspace.

What’s the board?

It’s a board that uses the DZ60 layout with arrow keys and a 2u shift. I have 3 boards with this layout since I like it quite a bit, but it makes finding keysets a little tricky.

1 Like

Any updates on MOQ?

Wells we didn’t make it

Crosspost:
Sorry for the lack of updates here after the group buy ended, but Kono did reach out to me about extending the group buy. I’m not entirely sure if that will be the case since they also told me that it depends on the proxies as well, which is why I didn’t make an immediate post and I really should have about it and then updating if it would be extended by then. I was hoping to get their final confirmation about it this week, but I’m not sure about it yet. But if everything goes well, it will be extended, if not then I’ll make sure to post the update here as well.

I know there has been some questions about the colors themselves and I will aim for the Janglad renders in the end.

2 Likes

From Kono Store’s weekly update:

GMK Shoko

We are in negotiations with GMK. At this time, things are looking good — we think the set will be produced. If anything changes we will absolutely provide refunds for the group buy.

From Kono Store’s update:

3 Likes

No please. Get it right or don’t do it at all.

Depends on how close “Nearly Identical” is, wait and see how these samples turn out.

If it’s just the accent color and it’s pretty close, I’m fine with them changing it. (And yes I have this on order.)