[GB] GMK ThinkCaps // Nov. 16 to Dec. 13, 2020

Teach me your ways?

1 Like

Yeah exactly my thoughts, because I personally don’t like shine, and hence abs dislike. But this set almost warrants that just because of the heavy use that damn near every thinkpad had.

I like it. Would definitely be in for a numpad kit and possibly the base or just the accents. Odd choice to specifically support an esoteric Filco layout as its own kit though. I don’t think I’ve ever even seen another keyboard that supports a combined 5.5u split spacebar like that.

1 Like

I think the 3u SB and especially 1.25u will be welcome by split and ortho users. Still figuring out the placement. Might consolidate exotic 60% keys (Minila, Alice, Yoda, split) into a new “Extension”, if the current trend for standalone Ortho & 40’s is maintained.

The reason for it being separate is that I may have to buy the extras for myself, while making cheap enough to not deter anyone from buying one or several (3u’s).

1 Like

Will be great, if it’s the case i’m in, :slight_smile:

I thought international users cared for Alt Gr!

1 Like

Not really :smiley:

If only there was a Tex Shinobi kit…

Nice, as someone who worked at IBM in the 00s, I appreciate this!

It very much reminds of me of these 00’s IBM membrane keyboards

3 Likes

Would be sweet to get some g, h, b keys that work with a trackpoint like the Tex keyboards.

Hi andino. Hopefully @Justin from TEX will come through… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I have a couple of those :slight_smile:

Hi , I’m here !
Anything I can help you ?

1 Like

Hi Justin! Please check your pm’s.

@Justin, a GMK kit would look pretty nice on the Shinobi! :wink: :wink:

1 Like

ThinkCaps and GMK in general are not compatible with the Shinobi, but we’ll do our best to make it compatible with the Yoda by (hopefully) providing the cutout keys.

I know, but there is always wishful thinking. :wink:

GMK keycaps + SHINOBI !!
Good idea , but price might be not really good

The cherry profile looks pretty nice on the Shinobi, even with the non standard ADA keys.

If think caps goes to market for a reasonable price, I’ll probably pick up a set and mod the GHB keys, so it will fit on the Shinobi… Would be nice if there was an option to get a second set of GHB keys, one to mod and one to preserve. :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Kit updates, based on feedback (see OP for all kits):

• ISO support
  • 2.25u, 2u Shifts moved to Extension kit

• Standalone orthogonal and 40% set
  • Icon mods for 40%, text for ortho
  • 250 MOQ

• Support for Yoda II, Minila, FC660M
  • Opt-in “G H B” cut-out keys for TEX boards
  • Extra (CR) minibars for your ortho/40%/split SB

• Added blue minibars

• We can add a few more keys