[GB] h87a: QMK-powered a87 PCB

Product link: https://shop.hineybush.com/product/h87a-gb

IC Link: [IC] H87a: QMK-powered TKL PCB

Please read my group buy terms: http://shop.hineybush.com/faq

GROUP BUY OPENS: September 12, 2018 @ Noon EST (actually now hehe)

GROUP BUY CLOSES: October 5, 2018 @ Midnight EST

Estimated manufacturing time: 4 weeks

Estimated shipping date: ~ November 10, 2018

MOQ: 50 Units

Price: $45 each

There are no price breaks for this product.

The product price does not include PayPal fees (2.9% + $0.30), this fee is added to your shipping charge ($1.30 for US, $1.98 for international)

Ordering internationally?
Check out your respective location’s shop to save money on shipping:

EU: Hineybush h87a PCB Version 1.7 (1.6mm) | mykeyboard.eu

Note: The MyKeyboard.eu price includes 21% VAT, import shipping and PayPal fees.

Asia/Pacific: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHZOyMA4GqTBfaFK7GFEsNvLFhnOcJueexsIU7qRm0s-RzgQ/viewform

Australia: H87a TKL PCB

To check/estimate compatibility: Hiney TKL PCB Compatibility - Google Sheets

Look at the “h87a” column.

I CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS PCB WILL FIT YOUR CASE, even if it is listed as “probable” by the spreadsheet linked above. If you have doubts, wait until someone else with your case tries this PCB.

Specs:

• TKL PCB, programmable via QMK. - https://github.com/hinnebusch/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/h87a
  • MX plate/PCB mount only. NO ALPS SUPPORT ON THIS VERSION
  • “Skinny A87” form factor - same footprint as B87, but same USB placement and stab layout as A87.
  • Standard ANSI and WKL bottom rows, ISO enter, short right and left shifts, 2u backspace
  • Top-side Mini USB port
  • Spacebar stab is under the spacebar switch (south-facing). Check your case/plate for this
  • RGB underglow
  • One-color in-switch LED
  • Powered by Atmega32U4 MCU
  • No physical reset switch - just short two pins on the PCB (for case compatibility)
  • In-switch indicator lights - connected via jumpers
  • Pins to solder a daughter board on (Moon TKL, for example)
  • Fully soldered and pre-programmed with a basic TKL map out of the box
  • SPI pins
  • Breakaway USB port for cases that use USB daughterboards
  • Matte black solder mask w/ white text
4 Likes

nice.

1 Like

Is an Alps PCB planned at some point in the future? I’d love to finally make use of my Orange Alps, but I’d much rather use QMK than the firmware Leeku uses, Jigon iirc.

I have one of the prototypes and can confirm, this is a good pcb.

1 Like

Yep, one day eventually. Mayyyyybe by the end of the year.

1 Like

Sounds good to me! I’ll try to sell my Leeku Alps PCB in the meantime.

@theillumedpanda Sell it to me. I’ll buy it. :wink:

Sure, hit me up on reddit and I’ll gladly update my latest mechmarket post with a new timestamp. Alternatively, we could also use keebtalk’s classified section.

45 ordered total so far - my second set of prototypes should be reaching their buyers this week, so I’ll have a better idea of the compatibility soon.

Any word on the the Australian proxy, if not where would be best to order from for an Aussie? :slight_smile:

Hi!

This is actually my first KT post.

I am the proxy for Australia for the h87a. You can find the listing on Daily Clack (i can’t send links, it’s under products on page 2)

I’ve included the cost of shipping from Hineybush to me + fees. Shipping from me is $8.20. Or you can collect locally in Victoria.

If you have any questions about fulfillment, just hit me up!

• Phatty
2 Likes

Updated to include the AUS proxy link. Thanks, @phatty!

I’ve updated the design to better fit boards with no clearance for the outdent where the spacebar stab goes. A “downside” of this is that you have to use screw-in stabilizers for those two spots. I’ve also updated the spacebar and right shift footprints to allow the user to use either stab orientation - north or south. Twitch VOD of the process:

Will update the OP/product listing tomorrow, it’s late af

1 Like

I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but would this be usable in cases where a TX87-L3 would fit ?

I’m planning to put one in a Kira80. Thesiscamper said that the could fit a TX87-L3…

AFAIK, it fits in a LZ GH V2 and that uses the TX87-L3 PCB. So I’m guessing it should also fit the Kira.

Yes, it’s confirmed to fit in the TX84/87.

1 Like

Thanks guys !

h87a pre-order available here: https://shop.hineybush.com/product/h87a-gb

Anyone have ideas for a cheap case for this h87a PCB?

If there isn’t a compatible case on the market, is there a file I can send to a 3d printer to make a case? Or is there otherwise rough dimensions I could reference when making one myself using bent metal or wood or something?

Anyone know if 1up’s Skeleton case will work with the a87? The compatibility spreadsheet doesn’t have a row for this one yet.

update: I ordered one so I’ll find out next week.

update 2: Received it and it appears to be a perfect fit, even the USB port location. I’m in the process of putting this PCB into the case, but it takes time to desolder my switches.