[GB] Heavy metal keyboards (previously SKB2)

Really nice board, especially for the price :grinning: Couldn’t decide so I just ordered four different variants :crazy_face:

By the way, this GB ends today.

2 Likes

Lol, I was close to order a 40% to but managed to restraint myself :joy:
But did not know that it was the last day today so that was lucky. :slightly_smiling_face:

I failed where you succeeded. 60% + 40% = 100% not gonna be able to spend non-essential money for a while.

1 Like

Ye, I know the feeling. But my plan is to get the Quefrency Rev.2 and go crazy with all 4 PCBs.

You have my blessing.

1 Like

I’m very sad I have to skip out on this one -_-; I’ve spent far too much this month

Are you me?

1 Like

#Me2

Did we ever establish the implications of the steel plate?

Are there going to be switches that work with it and ones that should be avoided?

I will go with Helios on my 75% and hope for the best.
Cream’s will be my runner up.
If there will be any extras, I will try to get a brass and a extra pcb.

GB runner Plastikschnittstelle posted all plate files in the official Discord.
I’m planning to get me some POM plates for my TKL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Discord for heavy metal or keebtalk?

Still need one more pcb tho. :upside_down_face:

HMKB Discord

1 Like

I finally went through the IC, and the maker says he could not discern a significant difference between the steel plate and the brass plate. He thinks brass plates are a kind of affectation that does not do a lot for typing feel relative to steel.

In other words, the steel plate should give a normal feel that is not too distant from the brass.

Since brass is expensive and requires more maintenance, the GB runner thinks that steel is a more practical plate material overall.

1 Like

Yup, I know.
But regardless of that, I’ve ordered a brass plate as well.
Mainly because I’m not familiar with steel plates, but I know I do like brass plates…
Both steel and brass plates are treated with black zinc, so there is no “maintenance”…

1 Like

Yeah, I think I might order a brass plate if extras become available.

Looks like things aren’t going so well…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFRxFCShsQw&feature=youtu.be

2 Likes

This group buy is an illustration of why orders SHOULD be capped if the runner cannot scale.

This guy delivered round 1 and them blew round 2 by trying to scale too high.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that’s bad. We will probably see them in January. Everyone needs to give the guy a break. If the boards are jacked, then I’ll riot with the best of them, but for now I’m patient. Let’s put it this way, I’ll definitely have my HMKB 75 before I my Xeno ships.

1 Like

People causing drama for reddit/discord points.
I think that a lot of new comers to the hobby were drawn in by the low price and promised short delivery time and they don’t have the patience of ‘veterans’.

As I side note, I have joined the mk65 GB which promises delivery in Dec/Jan but from the beginning I have set my expectations to Q2.

3 Likes