[GB] Heavy metal keyboards (previously SKB2)

I wasn’t even aware it was supposed to ship any time soon. I joined the GB because of the novel aesthetic and top mount. If you would have asked me when it was supposed to be finished I would have guessed some time in the Spring of 2021.

Maybe I just have a better idea for realistic timelines. I never held stock in the suggested timeline. I completely ignored it to the point where I didn’t even realize it was short. Ha.

3 Likes

Tbh any unlimited GB that’s not run by a big vendor seems to be a shit show. I trusted this one since R1 was successfully delivered without too much issue (as far as I’m aware). Hell basically any GB is delayed by like 3-6 months every single time even if the order is just 20 plates.

I still think this one will be delivered but not any time soon. Summer 21 perhaps?

I’ve been pretty active there and I might have been the first one to realize that nothing had been done since the GB ended. I’m OK with waiting and if the manufacturer has a delay I’m OK with that to. But waiting 5 months for the runner to pick up the phone and order the things is…

1 Like

I totally understand that, and he did drop the ball. It’s weird too since unlike most GB’s he had so many protos made and really seemed that he had his shit together. I’m just afraid that he will pull away, or worse crumble under the discord wrath which helps no one.

Ye, I got them feelings to.

Major update on HMKB round 2 was posted on Discord. All cases delivered to the group buy runner.

2.42 tons of steel… that is a lot of cases. The pictures blew my mind.

None of them are finished - no bead blasting, powder coating, etc.

The best news is that the plate tolerances appear to be good. Last round that caused some problems.

4 Likes

Yup, and the PCBs are also in transit.
Next update is scheduled for February 18th.
Looks like this GB is back on track and progressing nicely at the moment.

1 Like

Another great update from yesterday - case and plate QC finished, all is well.
PCBs arrived, first tests are also ok.
First batch is planned to go to the powder coating next week.
Next update March 4th.

3 Likes

I didn’t buy one, but I am glad this guy is on the way to deliver the GB considering all the hate he got.

2 Likes

I hope his reputation is salvaged when he ships an awesome product (and hopefully also learned a few helpful lessons along the way, lol). I’m awaiting my HMKB75 with great anticipation. Now to get a fr4 plate cut :thinking: I’m open to suggestions (US preferably) since I haven’t really looked into the process.

1 Like

I joined the GB and asked for a refund in the end. I wouldn’t have been an issue if he was honest about it imho. Instead of delaying and delaying with hiding all the issues. That’s the reason i got out. Wouldn’t join any of his other GB’s.

I must admit, that yellow was sexy tho :blush:

Yeah, I can’t blame anyone for getting out of it. Maybe I’m too conditioned by long GB’s that go awry with infrequent and/or outright misleading updates. I’ve probably said it several places on this forum, but my Xeno is a month or so away from being two years past the original delivery date – and that is run by the biggest boutique switch designer in the market. And yes, I ordered a lovely yellow HMKB75, and I have to wait it out, lol.

Shipping has started! Long road through a pandemic, but happy to see it happening.

3 Likes

I am waiting for extras in Feb to try and snag a yellow 60% wkl :heart_eyes:
Meanwhile please share your builds.

Same, I didn’t catch this in GB but boy do I want to snag an extra

There should be plenty extras as well as plenty of aftermarket offers as it starts to get delivered.

People who want extras are in luck.