[GB] Hyper40 | Now Available at keyboardarcade.xyz

Available now at keyboardarcade.xyz

GB Duration: May 22 - June 18

Lead time: 2 months from GB close

Estimated Shipping to Customers: Mid August 2023

Hyper40

Hyper40 Pics

The Hyper40 is a bent steel mechanical keyboard, based on the Mini Hyper7 layout. Developed by MKUltra during the KAT Space Cadet Group Buy, the layout features the classic JetVan layout (see Minivan) at its heart, with 3-column keypads to its left and right and an angled top row to finish it off. The pcb, designed by NoahK, features a 2 piece design that is connected by JST cables, an RP2040, hotswap sockets and Vial combatibility.

For the GB, there will be a limited number of kits (~80) that will include the KAT Space Cadet Mini Hyper7 keyset. Because the GB for the keysets concluded well over a year ago, the keysets will be each QC’d for the complete number of keys needed to outfit the Hyper40. Since we cannot correct any keycap printing issues at this point (such as misaligned legends), buyers should expect there to be the possibility of imperfections.

There will be 2 kits available; one with the KAT Space Cadet Mini Hyper7 keyset and one without.

Hyper40/KAT Space Cadet Bundle $225 (~80 kits available during GB, with extras also available after the GB)

Included in the kit:

• (1) Hyper40 bent steel case powdercoated white with panel mount USB cable

• (1) Hyper40 pcb with JST cables

• (1) KAT Space Cadet Mini Hyper7 keyset

Hyper40 Keyboard Kit $175 (Unlimited during GB)

Included in the kit:

• (1) Hyper40 bent steel case powdercoated white with panel mount USB cable

• (1) Hyper40 pcb with JST cables

Extra pcbs will also be available as an add-on purchase.

Shipping:

USA: Free shipping to CONUS

Canada: $15

International: $25

4 Likes

Really nice project, GL with the GB.
I struggle using small layout but I will consider it since I own the hyper7 kit already.

1 Like

It’s definitely in between :grin:

Final Prototype Update (6/7/2023):

The final prototype is here. The front height (not included cork feet) now measures ~17mm. That’s down from 23mm on the 1st prototype. The result is a more comfortable typing height. A quick mockup with everything installed, has been added to the album (click here). As you can see in the pics, the components tuck away under the new case quite nicely. You can also see height comparisons between the 1st and 2nd protos.

I’m not a 40s guy but I love this anyway. Delightfully cheeky.

1 Like

Thank you all for your support. We are currently at 65 Hyper40’s sold. The GB ends Sunday June 18th. Get in before it’s over!!

1 Like

This is the last chance to buy Hyper40 at GB pricing. The group buy will close tomorrow June 18th.

1 Like

Just a quick update. All parts have been ordered and I also received the keyset shipment today. Thanks so much for everyone who joined in. I update again when I have more news.

3 Likes

I forgot to update, but the JST cables are in. The usb cables this week and pcb’s and cases in 2-3 weeks. I’m going to order shipping materials this week and hopefully QC all the keysets over the next several days.

2 Likes

USB cables are in. Pcbs arrived this morning, but I’m working all day so I can’t check them out until tonight. Shipping materials and cases are the next items to be delivered. Everything is moving along smoothly. I’ll update when I have more to share. Thanks!

1 Like

All CONUS orders have been dropped off. International orders will be packed and shipped out this week. :heart:

2 Likes

This is the pace all GBs should have!

2 Likes

From what I can tell, there may be 1-2 Hyper40’s that are set to arrive at their destinations in the next day or so. I wanted to thank everyone for their support on this project. If any of you need anything, just drop me an email at 40percentkeyboards@gmail.com . Discussion can be found over in the 40% Discord. Once there, you’ll need the “wallet destroyer” role to see the Hyper40 channel, and there’s also a keyboardarcade channel as well. I hope all of you enjoy your boards!! :heart:

4 Likes

Hyper40 extras are now live!!

3 Likes